We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seattle Seafair Advice

Pennsylvania
1 post
Save Topic
Seattle Seafair Advice

I need some good advice on enjoying the SeaFair with my family this year. We are traveling 2500 miles to see this special event. It is very meaningful to us because my husband and I had one of our first dates was when we were in the Navy during the 1990 Seafair. Seattle welcomed us with warm hearts and open arms. Now I am bringing my teenage boys to see this 15 year momentus occasion. We are tentatively going to be staying at the Vagabond Hotel near the Space Needle, seeing the boat races and Blue Angels, taking a tour of the Mount St Helens and taking a tour of Seattle itself. Does anyone have any ideas how to save money on parking at our hotel, taking the tour of Mount St Helens and getting a good view of the Boat Races/Blue Angels or anyother recommendations? Thanks so much, in advance, for your input on making this a memorable vacation to this beautiful state.

SeaFair 69 Family

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,992 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seattle Seafair Advice

the blue angels always do a practice show a few days before the boat race. Its much easier to get a great view if you go on those days vs the actual race day itself. The bus is probably the best way to get to the races. Its very well coordinated and avoids hassling the parking issues. The Vagabond should have free parking. Look at toursofseattle.com for some tours. You should go to the locks if you don't do a tour as the salmon will be running and its a fascinating site.

Mt. St. Helens can be done with a tour or renting a car. Its about 100 miles south of Seattle.

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
561 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seattle Seafair Advice

You need to check out people's recommendations about the Vagabond Hotel. Look on the Trip Advisor reviews and also checkout Travelocity. I'm not sure, but in my research for our upcoming trip to Seattle I don't think there were great reviews for this hotel. Of course, disregard this post if I have remembered incorrectly!