We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mt. St. Helens to Seattle - 2 Night Stay

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winchester...
Level Contributor
7 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Mt. St. Helens to Seattle - 2 Night Stay

I will be driving from Mt. St. Helens to Seattle a week from Tuesday, later afternoon. I would like to stay in Seattle Tuesday night and then on Wednesday morning do the following with my 15 year old son: Ye Olde Curiosity Shoppe, Underground Tour, EMP.... On Wednesday night at about 6 ish I have to be in Redmond. Thursday morning we elave at 8 from SeaTac...I am having difficulty trying to figure out what hotel to stay in in SEattle, what to do with my rental car and how is the traffic going to affect me on Wednesday afternoon...Any ideas would be much appreciated!!!

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,510 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mt. St. Helens to Seattle - 2 Night Stay

since you have a car I'd suggest stayiing near the Space Needle. Parking is generally free in that area (Seattle Center) and some of the things your interested in you could start from the Space Needle and not need your car. Click on my name and read the inside page for one day itinerary without a car. Traffic to Redmond will be hard but not all that bad with planning. The 520 bridge is closer to you than I-90. Even though 90 has a carpool lane its more of a pain once you hit 405. The 520 bridge backs up, but once on the bridge its pretty clear sailing to Redmond. Allow one hr and I think you'll be fine. As soon as you get off the bridge there is a carpool lane you can use all the way to Redmond

2. Re: Mt. St. Helens to Seattle - 2 Night Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 00:19