We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive or taxi to Safco from Residence Inn Lake Union

New Jersey
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Drive or taxi to Safco from Residence Inn Lake Union

Hi All...

My husband and I will be in Seattle next week and have tix for the M's next Friday night. Not really familiar with the city or traffic, what would be our best bet for getting to the stadium? We are staying at the Residence Inn Lake Union... should we drive to the game or take a taxi? Any suggestions as to reasonable priced lots near the stadium?

Thanks!

Melissa

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Drive or taxi to Safco from Residence Inn Lake Union

I wouldn't drive--most likely you'd have to park quite far away and walk if you did. Probably the most reasonably priced lots north of the stadium would be in the International District (so northeast)--"reasonable" is relative of course, I try not to pay more than $8 or so if I can't find a free spot on the street (on street parking is free after 6 PM).

I'd ask the hotel if their shuttle can drop you off and pick you up, if not right at the stadium, then close by.

Or there's always the option of taking a taxi.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,830 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drive or taxi to Safco from Residence Inn Lake Union

I don't know if this is an option for you, but we also tried to figure out the logistics of going to a game, and we decided to stay right at the Silver Cloud Inn at Safeco field - park the car overnight, walk across the street to the game, and walk back to go to bed.

I can see where taking a taxi would be easy to get there, but I wonder how available they would be after the game to take you back.

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Drive or taxi to Safco from Residence Inn Lake Union

I was at the game Sat night and there were lots of cabs right out front on First Avenue at the end of the game.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Drive or taxi to Safco from Residence Inn Lake Union

Northwestwander...

Thanks for the advice! I just called the hotel and they can drop us off up to 2 hours before game time. The conceirge said there are a lot of great bookstores near the stadium... something that my hubby and I love! She said that taxis were no problem after the game and would run us about $8-10.

Thanks again.

Melissa

5. Re: Drive or taxi to Safco from Residence Inn Lake Union

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 23:19