We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ideas for itinerary in Seattle

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
ideas for itinerary in Seattle

I will be vacationing in Seattle for 3 days in June. I will have a car and will have been in Vancouver for 6 days earlier and will come to Seattle to end my trip. Suggestions are welcomed for 3 aduts (1 senior). How long is the drive from Vancouver?

If we go whale watching out of Vancouver would be want to go to San Juan Islands? Do you stay or day trip? We are opened for all suggestions. Senior cannot walk far but wants to see lots.

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
561 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ideas for itinerary in Seattle

The drive from Vancouver should take about 3 hours. The biggest problem which may increase the time, will be crossing the border. On busy days (such as long weekends) it can be a one hour wait. If you can travel in the middle of the week that would be better.

As I am not from Seattle I cannot give a ton of suggestions. However, we have visited there and are going back in July. One thing that you would probably all enjoy would be going up the Space Needle. There is an elevator and it gives a beautiful view of Seattle and the surrounding area. We like to go around 9:00 PM because then you get a chance to see the sights in daylight when you first get there and then if you wait awhile you can see all the city lights as it gets darker. You might also enjoy the Pike Place Market. It is fairly large, but there are elevators and plenty of places to sit down.

I will let the locals from Seattle give you more extensive ideas!