We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary in Seattle

fort myers, fl
2 posts
Save Topic
Anniversary in Seattle

My husband and I would like to celebrate our anniversary in Seattle. I would love to see Mount Rainier or some other beautiful mountain setting (we're from Florida). So, I was thinking of some sort of cabin. Then, I would also like to stay downtown for a couple of days. Any suggestions on either stays? What would you consider a must see in the Seattle area. Also, any super romantic places to stay? Thanks so much!

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,775 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anniversary in Seattle

For your time in Seattle, The Sorrento Hotel is very romantic. Wonderfully elegant lobby where they also serve drinks.

Gosh, a cabin? Usually I can help with Seattle questions, but living in the city... I'm drawing a blank.

Must-sees to me are: Pike Place Public Market, the Space Needle, Smith Tower observation deck and Pioneer Square historic distict all conveniently located fairly near each other and downtown.

Maybe take a ferry ride over to Bainbridge Island and back (1/2 hr each way, $6.95pp), great views.

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anniversary in Seattle

When are you coming? For how long?

Bellevue, WA
Level Contributor
529 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anniversary in Seattle

Here's a long list of Mt. Rainier cabins. I haven't stayed in any myself.

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/washington#4672

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,138 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anniversary in Seattle

Hmmm - the deal is you are looking for romance - right? When are you traveling? Mt. Rainier is glorious, but the Paradise Inn is currently under renovation, and typically only open from May to Oct. Seattle is surrounded by mountains, the Olympics to the West, the Cascades to East, both have some terrific romantic lodging options, so there are many locations (with cabins, B & Bs or smallish inns) that I think might be of interest to you, perhaps more than Mt. Rainier. It depends on your travel times, etc. Here are some places to start, I am sure others will add to it.

East of Seattle, in the Cascades, consider the Leavenworth area (Mt. Home Lodge) or the Methow Valley/Winthrop/Mazama areas (Sun Mountain Lodge, Mazama Country Inn, etc). West of Seattle, the Olympic Penisula is most romantic, with many spots to stay, cabins for rent; within the Olympic National Park, I would recommend Lake Crescent Lodge or Lake Quinault Lodge.

Washington State, WA
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anniversary in Seattle

The Salish Lodge is beautiful, although definitely not a cabin! It's next to the Snoqualamie Falls, which is in North Bend (about 45 minutes from Seattle), towards the mountains. Maybe spend one night there, & the rest in downtown Seattle. The Alexis is a boutique hotel to consider.

6. Re: Anniversary in Seattle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 07:19