We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Searching for Quality Dog boarding

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
167 reviews
Save Topic
Searching for Quality Dog boarding

I am looking for a quality boarding facility for a small dog, we are going on vacation for two weeks and regular sitter is unable. Frankly I don't care which end - north, south, east or west. Have booked our vacation and am about to pull my hair out.

All help is greatly appreciated.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
28,335 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Searching for Quality Dog boarding

I have a lady who does Doggy Day care from her house here in Seattle. Ive been using her since I moved here 4 1/2 years ago on the recommendation of someone else who uses her. I uses her proably 6-7 times each year. She usually has around 7-8 other doigs there, which my dog who is a Lab, absolutely loves. I know you posted on Seattle and Bremerton and it looks like you live in Gig HArbor so Seattle may be too far. If you are interested send me a message and Ill get you the info.

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Bremerton
Bremerton
Washington
Gig Harbor
Gig Harbor
Washington
Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Searching for Quality Dog boarding

GoodBeer - (who doesn't love a good beer?)

Well, I need more than daycare - but do spend time in both GH and Bellevue, so for me Seattle is halfway point. Does this person do stayovers/I need two full weeks?

Mentioned in this post
Bellevue
Bellevue
Washington
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
28,335 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Searching for Quality Dog boarding

Sorry, I call it Doggy Day Care but yes she does over nights. I dont think 2 weeks will be an issue. The longest Ive left mine was 10 days, but routinely do a week at a time. Ill be dropping my dog off next week for two nights.

Fox Island...
Level Contributor
610 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Searching for Quality Dog boarding

Hi Les, I live in Gig Harbor area also and I use Peninsula Pet Lodge in Olalla. They are pretty low-key and not at all luxurious but my Golden Retriever actually likes going there! They will let you drop off at their Pt Fosdick Drive location and they will transport out to the Olalla location if you don't want to drive out there.

Mentioned in this post
Gig Harbor
Gig Harbor
Washington
washington state
Level Contributor
547 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Searching for Quality Dog boarding

We leave our "daughter" with Liz at Gillshire Kennels. It is off of hwy 512 between Parkland and Puyallup. They have regular indoor/outdoor kennel runs or the option for staying indoors in a house like environment (more expensive, but that's what we do). They also specialize in geriatric care. My dog is always happy to be left there (and she hates being "left" anywhere. www.gillshirekennels.com

Mentioned in this post
Puyallup
Puyallup
Washington
Boston, Ma
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Searching for Quality Dog boarding

Roscoe's Ranch in an absolute MUST. I am a little over protective of my baby- I mean dog, and the ONLY place I would ever think of putting him is at Roscoe's. The owner, Guy, is just about the nicest person ever. You know that the dogs are loved and having a great time when you are gone.

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Searching for Quality Dog boarding

Thanks to all for your help!

My little pooch doesn't know if she is a Yorkie or a Golden Retriver - - dog or child...

I have visited a few places - so far all I have found was a big ol' no way - - I will check out suggestions

Thanks

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Searching for Quality Dog boarding

Google the "Downtown Dog Lounge."

Gig Harbor
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Searching for Quality Dog boarding

Hello, I wish I would have viewed this earlier. I have a new Doggie Daycare in Gig Harbor, Our Best Friend LLC Doggie Daycare and Boutique and I will tell you it is the best! I am a little prejudice since I own it but I took all the good componets in daycares when I thought this out. Check out my web sight www.gigharbordoggiedaycare.com. Hope I can help out if you ever get in a bind again.

Thank you,

Janice

Mentioned in this post
Gig Harbor
Gig Harbor
Washington
usa
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Searching for Quality Dog boarding

Pet vacations has a lot of options for in home boarding with a family and lots of care. We board our dogs with them, and have multiple choices for placing the dogs.

petvacations.com.