We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is: Best brewhouse or brew pub in Seattle area

Englewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Where is: Best brewhouse or brew pub in Seattle area

Where might be the best or most popular brewhouse or brew pub in Seattle?

Also, where can I go if I want to find Alaskan Brewery products on tap in Seattle area?

Thanks a lot!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is: Best brewhouse or brew pub in Seattle area

Popular places for local ales would be Pike Pub and Brewery at the Public Market downtown. The Pyramid Alehouse located across the street from Safeco Field where the Mariners play. My personal favorites are the Elysian Brewpub which has a few locations - one is downtown near Qwest Field (Seahawks), and the Elliot Bay Brewpub in West Seattle.

Here's a link to a blog devoted to what's currently on tap in the Seattle area...enjoy!

blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/whatsontap/

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,693 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is: Best brewhouse or brew pub in Seattle area

Pike Place Brewery in the Market and The Elysian up on Capitol Hill are the two I hear about most often.

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
538 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is: Best brewhouse or brew pub in Seattle area

My personal fav's are the McMennamins Pub's...

6 Arms on Capitol Hill/First Hill

Dad Watson's in Fremont

McMennamins near Seattle Center

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,136 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where is: Best brewhouse or brew pub in Seattle area

There are so many... for me it depends on what part of town .... here is another article to give you an overview:

www.seattle.com/nightlife/breweries.html

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
24,887 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where is: Best brewhouse or brew pub in Seattle area

Here are my favorites in order based on #1 Beer, then food and atmoshphere.

1. Hales Ales-In Ballard

2. Elliott Bay Brewery-West Seattle

3. Pike Brewery-Right in Pike Market

4. Pyramid-Directly across from Safeco Field

5. Elysian-3 locations best menu at Elysian Fileds close to Pyramid. The Capital Hill location has more of a Veggie menu and tree hugger feel.

6. Maritime Pacific/Jolly Roger-Ballard

7 McMenimans-On the verge of being a chain, Oregon company with probably 20 locations in the NW

I also like The Ram and its like McMenimans with many NW locations. The UVillage location next to U of Washington is a great sports bar too with very good beer.

You will find Alaskan at almost all bars. Another good spot is Tap House Bar and Grill on 6th right downtown. They have over 100 beers on tap so you can get micro brew from all over the West coast including my favorite Stone IPA (San Diego)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
24,887 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where is: Best brewhouse or brew pub in Seattle area

sorry under the Ram it should read very good food for a brew pub.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
2,746 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where is: Best brewhouse or brew pub in Seattle area

I would add that although not a brewpub I think maybe the best place for beer in Seattle is Brouwer's in the Fremont neighborhood. They have about 60 taps and 200 selections by the bottle. www.brouwerscafe.com

Technically a Belgian-style pub typically about 60% of taps are domestic with a strong West-NW focus. They also have typically a couple cask-conditioned ales. The bartenders are all very knowledgeable. Most beers have their own unique glass and they have a mist sprayer to give each glass a quick clean before serving.

They also have great festivals about 4 times a year. The Hard Liver barleywine fest is coming up in about 2 weeks (3/15). See www.hardliver.com. They do Belgian Beer month in May. In September they have Hop Fest. In November they do the Big Wood Fest wih big wood and sour wood varieties -- all wood casked. For each they pretty much rotate all taps for the fest and they get some pretty hard to find stuff.

The food is also really decent. It is kind of a Belgian-NW pub fusion with burgers, frites, housemade sausages, etc.

Hope that helps.

klsalas

Vashon, Washington
Level Contributor
16 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where is: Best brewhouse or brew pub in Seattle area

A couple of additional suggestions:

The Elliot Bay Brewpub in West Seattle has some of my favorite beer - try the Alembic Pale. Food is also good and the place has a real neighborhood feel - lots of locals and families and no tourists.

Not technically a brewpub but with outstanding food and a really intelligent and interesting selection of beers is the Collins Pub in Pioneer Square.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where is: Best brewhouse or brew pub in Seattle area

I second the Brouwer's suggestion. Can't ask for more choices of beer, better food or cooler staff!

Englewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where is: Best brewhouse or brew pub in Seattle area

Wow, a lot of good choices, very hard to decide. You guys are not making the decision process easy. Wish I had more time to explore them all.