We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

great day in Seattle for locals or visitors

Seattle
Level Contributor
628 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
great day in Seattle for locals or visitors

My husband and I live 30 minutes south of Seattle. Here's what we did recently. Lunch at Salumi's best sandwiches in town! We then drove to the movie theater on the corner of 7th and Olive and left our car there in the secure underground parking. We went browsing in the stores at Pacific Place. We then walked to Pike Place Market, grabbed fruits and coffee and sat in the park accross from the Market. It was a beautiful day! Walked to the ferries and took the ferry to Bainbridge Island for just a few dollars. We didn't even get off the ferry. Killer views of the Sound and the city. We then walked back to the market and went to the "Tasting room" on the Post Alley. They sell wine by 1oz for a couple $. We ended up trying 8 different wines (4 each). The atmosphere was great! I highly recommend it! We wanted to have dinner at Assagio but the restaurant was closed for a private party. We had dinner and drinks at Palomino's and finished the evening with a movie. By the time the movie was over the alcohol we had drank had burned off and we were OK to drive. Great day! Felt like a whole vacation! Just thought I share it with you guys.

LA
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: great day in Seattle for locals or visitors

Great ideas! We will be visiting next May before our cruise so your ideas will definitely go into my file.... Thanks!