We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

leavonworth

perth
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Topic
leavonworth

what is leavonworth like around the week of the 10th of dec? we have heard it is a very good place to go for xmas feel is this true?anyone have a cheapish place to stay for a family in the centre of the action?

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,980 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: leavonworth

its quite nice with lots of lights and xmas lighting ceremonies etc. If possible maybe you can time it to go on the snow train put on by Alkitours.com. The website is leavenworth.org if you want to look for lodging ideas.

Gold Bar, Washington
Level Contributor
584 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: leavonworth

Leavenworth also has lights during the week and I would recommend this unless you enjoy crowds.

On weekends it is so crowded you can barely get into shops and see the tree lighting.

I prefer weekdays to weekend. But it is very pretty.

perth
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: leavonworth

thanks for your replies so what exactly is it that happens during the weekend that doesnt happen during the week? is there still santas and lights and things going on or not really except in the weekend?

Gold Bar, Washington
Level Contributor
584 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: leavonworth

Here is a link that might help you out:

www.leavenworth.org/events/december.html

What they do is turn off some of Christmas lights and then turn them on all at once with tree. If you go durng week all the lights are on but I can't remember if tree lights are on.

5. Re: leavonworth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 21:18