We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which starwood property: Westin, The W, or Sheraton?

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Greenacres, WA
Level Contributor
704 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Which starwood property: Westin, The W, or Sheraton?

Okay, i'm new to the Seattle forum . . .seldom leave my Maui board but i need some help here.

My b/f and I are going to a pre-season game 8/29/08 and I can't decide where to stay.

We are starwood gold members and I can get any of the properties listed above for $60 and 4K points. I'm just not sure which is the best (i know which is most expensive but thats not always the best as I've learned in Maui :-) )

I am aware of the pool "under construction" at both the Sheraton and Westin. We've stayed at the Sheraton before and it's a crap shoot to whether we'll get a free club level upgrade or not but I do enjoy saving a bit on food when we can, but that not a guarantee on the upgrade.

So with that said which property is the best for 1 night (8/29/08) and what is the best option of getting to Qwest field? bus, taxi, drive/park?

TIA for any ideas & suggestions.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,661 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which starwood property: Westin, The W, or Sheraton?

The W is slightly closer, but Sheraton just added a new tower and is more in the heart of everything. Westin is older but also in the same area. Buses are free till 7 pm and its easy to take any bus to the stadium. Getting home, you could walk cab or bus back just as easy.

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Which starwood property: Westin, The W, or Sheraton?

I like the W best of the 3, as I prefer boutique hotels to the big convention hotels.

And I'd walk to the game.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
24,136 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which starwood property: Westin, The W, or Sheraton?

I like the W too for many reasons, obviously the W name is more hip , I personally wouldnt walk Id just jump in a cab to the game.

Greenacres, WA
Level Contributor
704 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which starwood property: Westin, The W, or Sheraton?

So from researching a bit more the pools are closed at both Westin and Sheraton. . .does the W even have a pool?

Sheraton also has the possibility of Club Level which includes a complimentary breakfast and evening snacks. . .

is the W still eveyone's first choice?

I've put the reservation in but I can still change if anyone can sway me differently.

Thanks again for all the info.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
25 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which starwood property: Westin, The W, or Sheraton?

I prefer the Westin over the Sheraton, I love the view from the rooms there. It's large but the staff have always made me feel like a king. Both have easy access to Qwest Field via Metro, but a car and driver would be the way to go(more romantic=)) Go Hawks!

Greenacres, WA
Level Contributor
704 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which starwood property: Westin, The W, or Sheraton?

Okay, so I booked the W.

Are there any other Starwood Gold members here that have stay at the W Seattle and if so what sort of upgrade did you receive if any?

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which starwood property: Westin, The W, or Sheraton?

I'm starwood gold as well and am staying at the W for 3 nights in two weeks. I've read elsewhere that you should try to request a cool corner room if available, but you obviously can't bank on upgrades. For me, it basically came down to the fact that I love the W beds, and I think they have the best amenities.

Greenacres, WA
Level Contributor
704 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which starwood property: Westin, The W, or Sheraton?

awesome Kapy3, please let me know how it goes :-)

I read one review on TA from a couple that said they were even a bottle of bubbly as well. I saw a "romance" type package they were offering through labor day and wondered if they'd up a room with extra points to get that package.

Currently for about $50 more they offer this pkg:

Feel The Wuv - Romance Pkg Bottle Of Bubbly, Vosges Chocolates Jimmy Jane Three Beyond Lotions And Palette

I'd be willing to surrender an extra 1000 points or so for "bubbly & chocolates" :-)

Kapy, please let me know if they alert you to any complimentary offers or extra w/ points.

TIA and have a great trip!

9. Re: Which starwood property: Westin, The W, or Sheraton?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 03:15