We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast spots

north carolina
Level Contributor
278 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast spots

Staying at Inn at the Market in downtown. Would like a couple of suggestions for closeby full breakfast spots, preferably not in a hotel setting. Thanks

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,312 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast spots

I've eaten several times in the Athena cafe inside the market. Great views of the water and its where Tom Hanks and Rob Reiner ate during Sleepless in Seattle. Any of the cafes in the market on the water side have good food with good views.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,141 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast spots

My favorites near the Market are Le Pichet, Cafe Campagne, and Le Panier Bakery at the Market.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,150 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast spots

Le Panier is great for a morning coffee and croissant. Go early and watch the market vendors set up.

Bacco's is adjacent to your hotel and has really good breakfasts. Their crab omelet is especially good!

Seattle
Level Contributor
45,297 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast spots

Bacco and Le Pichet on 1st, La Panier bakery in the Market, and for more traditional diner-type menu try CJ's on 1st several blocks north of your hotel on the left. Macrina bakery also up that way on 1st, other side of the street, has some breakfast items.

Not for the food, but for the atmosphere and view Lowell's and Athenea right in Pike Place Market are classic old-time Seattle.

Level Contributor
1,442 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast spots

I'd recommend Bacco, right there next to Inn at Market. We have wonderful memories of eating there when we've stayed at Inn at Market. We're at Fairmont right now, and walked to Bacco this morning. I wouldn't consider Bacco in a "hotel setting" - it's not affiliated with the hotel (I'm pretty sure this is correct)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
26,012 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast spots

My favorite breakfast spot in Seattle, one of the things I miss since I moved last summer is The Shanty on Elliot Ave. The best Eggs Benedict Ive ever had, and I order them everywhere. Its not a fancy spot, just a greasy spoon, but a great breakfast spot. I always said if its good enough for Bill Gates, who has been know to eat there, its good enough for me.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast spots

The Athenium inn at pike place does a killer oyster omelette and if you sit upstairs the view out over the bat is .............viewable.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breakfast spots

Athenian...........dang it! The food is great but none of that drizzled sauce fru fru stuff, just good food.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
157 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Breakfast spots

I work in the area and my coworkers go to Lowell's or occassionally the Pike Bar and Grill above the crumpet shop.

The food is not going to knock your socks off or anything - but as others have mentioned - the views are killer (both places) and the atmosphere is homey and very Seattle in my opinion. Both are always busy at lunch or late morning.

In my opinion these places are "local places". But when tourists stop me and my coworkers and ask us where to go, we send them to these places.

10. Re: Breakfast spots

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2010, 08:16