We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short Trip Report

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Albert Lea...
Level Contributor
139 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Short Trip Report

Thanks again to all the posters on Trip Advisor, alot of great ideas.

We only stayed downtown one night so we packed alot into the one full day.

We stayed at the Inn at the Market. They arranged airport pickup for us with a car service. We were very pleased with everything associated with this hotel and their services.

We ended up eating Sushi at Shiro's on 2nd and Battery st. on a recommendation from our bell caption at the hotel. We were not disappointed. We are novice sushi people and not quite sure how the service worked. Our sushi chef sat us at the bar where we could watch everything he did. We told him to do what ever he wanted. He explained everything and told us when we needed sauce and when to eat it plain. Great evening.

Friday I had scheduled two tasting tours with Savour Seattle food tours. The morning one was at the market and the afternoon was the downtown Seattle tour. I highly recommend both of these. Along with tasting great food we learned alot of history from our wonderful guides. We ended our day with a friend from Everett at the Oyster house, we were not very hungry so we just had a starter for our meal.

We Stayed in Everett with our friend, did a couple days in Victoria via the Clipper, ended up getting a horrific cold so ended up in bed for the last couple days of our 9 day trip.

One regret is that we should have stayed downtown Seattle longer, we needed a couple more days.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short Trip Report

Thank you for your report.

Both the Inn at the Market and Shiros are top notch. Other than your cold, glad the trip was a success.

Salt Spring Island...
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short Trip Report

If you had time to do only one tasting tour which would you choose the market or the downtown tour? I am tryin to make up my mind.

Albert Lea...
Level Contributor
139 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short Trip Report

I would do the down town tour. You will still get a taste of the market. S

4. Re: Short Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2009, 06:27