We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Storing A Bicycle Bag Whilst Touring Seattle WA

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seaside Somerset
5 posts
Save Topic
Storing A Bicycle Bag Whilst Touring Seattle WA

HELP! I am travelling to Seattle end of June 09 with my bike to tour about. I have seen the item about Ken's Baggage but it will be costly at over $11 a day for two weeks and I will have to build & rebuld my bike there and then not great as I have a late arrival and early departure. Is there anywhere downtown the Hotel I've picked out so far have said no :(

Sad from Somerset UK

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,528 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Storing A Bicycle Bag Whilst Touring Seattle WA

there is a bike storage facility in downtown seattle for bike commuters. Its called bikestation and you should be able to get info there. Also there is a huge bike club here called

cascade.org

if you posted an ad on their website chances are someone would allow you to store a bike in their bldg or apt as lots of people live downtown.

http://www.bikestation.com/seattle/index.asp

Seaside Somerset
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Storing A Bicycle Bag Whilst Touring Seattle WA

Many thanks for that I will investigate. Meanwhile I emailed a load of hotels which all all sent very welcoming replies including sheets to stand my bicycle on in the room so he's safe with me! So bike friendly bag friendly hotels in Seattle are:

Mayflower Park; Holiday Inn 618 John Street, Holiday Inn 211 Dexter Ave N, The Marriot Renaissance Hotel, Pan Pacific Seattle, Alexis Hotel, Monaco Seattle, Hotel Vintage Park & Hotel Max!

I fear some may be a little posh for trotting donkey but hey it's my holidays! So thank you to Seattle you've come through in style I can't wait to get my furry butt over there and drink up your lovely hospitality and skid round the streets doing wheelies!

High kicking happy on the beach Somerset UK

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,378 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Storing A Bicycle Bag Whilst Touring Seattle WA

From your list I'd go with Hotel Max, Mayflower Park, or Pan Pacific :) suze

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
8,650 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Storing A Bicycle Bag Whilst Touring Seattle WA

Bikestation is a great suggestion! They are actually run by Bicycle Alliance (of which I am a proud member!)

http://www.bikestation.com/seattle/index.asp

They store bikes for commuters, so why not a bike bag?

Are you heading off on a bike trip somewhere away from Seattle?

Seaside Somerset
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Storing A Bicycle Bag Whilst Touring Seattle WA

Many thanks to "suuze2you" I will check out your top three first and Proud Enzian Alliance yes I'm planning to head off on the ferry to Bainbridge Island cycling onto Port Angeles, Vancouver Island, bike up to top?! (I clearly have no idea of distance) back down to Discovery Bay, ferry to Horseshoe Bay into Vancouver then back to Seattle probably on the Amtrak depends on time really and how many doughnuts way lay me. I can do 60 miles in a day loaded up so will see how I get on. I'm sure it's going to be lovely never been before but I love America so I will happy whatever (I hope you've got Dunkin Donut that far north)! P.S. I did the Grand Canyon in the snow last December day after I arrived in Vegas it got it's first snow for 30 years now I know you guys are the best at putting on a show but you really didn't have to go to all that trouble! Eeh Orr!

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,528 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Storing A Bicycle Bag Whilst Touring Seattle WA

you won't find Dunkin Donuts unfortunately but in Canada you will enjoy Tim Hortons. On Amtrak you don't have to disassemble your bike as they will let you take it assembled for a small charge.

Seaside Somerset
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Storing A Bicycle Bag Whilst Touring Seattle WA

Dear suze2you, I have checked the three you suggested and am so far considering the MAX due to price. I then wondered as a local where (disregarding the list) where would you recommend tell you friends to stay? Many thanks, TD

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
8,650 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Storing A Bicycle Bag Whilst Touring Seattle WA

Hotel Max should be fine. I haven't seen the rooms but they are newly renovated. We like their restaurant for lunch and happy hour. And it's a good location. My office is nearby; if you can't find a place for your bike bag send me a private message. I could store it at my office.

That is a great trip you have planned. I hope you have good rain gear. . .

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,378 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Storing A Bicycle Bag Whilst Touring Seattle WA

I think Hotel Max is a fine choice. My out-of-town friends are cheap & stay at the Days Inn motel (lol)!

My 2 personal favorite hotels are the Warwick & the Mayflower Park, but they are more money, I'd stick with Hotel Max if you got a good price and the bike stuff all works there. It's a great central location downtown.

We have BETTER than Dunkin Donuts... we have *Top Pot*

www.toppotdonuts.com

~suze

Seaside Somerset
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Storing A Bicycle Bag Whilst Touring Seattle WA

Thank you all esp. Enzian for the very kind offer of storing the bike bag I am however all sorted, as for Davidmgr well gortex is my middlename so will bring it all hmmn aren't vacations meant to be a break from the usual? As for those doughnuts OMG! The APPLE FRITTER OMG I am going to be a very fat donkey by the time I'm done. I wonder if I can get myself adopted so I can stay forever in the land of donuts and great people! Watch out for wide load on a bike around your donut shops in 4 weeks time! yipeeee