We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

West SEattle Guest House - SW Graham St

Summersville, West...
Level Contributor
1,370 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
West SEattle Guest House - SW Graham St

Can anyone give me their opinion on the West Seattle Guest House? It is on SW Graham St and clsoe to California and Funtleroy crossection. My husband and I will be possibly staying their in mid July.

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
California
California
United States
Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: West SEattle Guest House - SW Graham St

You know this is a hostel... That's not bad, just an observation trying to respond to your question.

I know from your other posts you seek to hold costs down.

realadventures.com/listings/1189351_West-Sea…

The location is OK, but you will face rush hour traffic mornings and evenings and, as you stated earlier, Seattle traffic can be bad. Bus service to downtown areas and many sights should be fine.

Summersville, West...
Level Contributor
1,370 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: West SEattle Guest House - SW Graham St

Yes, we realized it is a hostel. All we need is a private room to sleep and shower. Can anyone give me a phone number for them? I can't Google and find one. Thanks and keep traveling!

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: West SEattle Guest House - SW Graham St

Are you sure this is legit? That's right near me and I don't know of any hostel or B&B in the neighborhood. I'd be afraid that it's an unlicenced and/or illegal B&B--I wouldn't risk it without confirmation that it's a legitimate licenced business. This strikes me as one of those "sounds too good to be true" situations.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: West SEattle Guest House - SW Graham St

So, with too much time on my hands, I searched the WA state Dept. of Licensing, under both B&B and Hostel, Transient Housing; found nothing licensed for this facility. Perhaps I did not search hard enough. And, websites can be "behind" in such things, but...

Bellevue, WA
Level Contributor
529 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: West SEattle Guest House - SW Graham St

You can operate a B&B with onsite staff anywhere in Seattle. You're not supposed to operate an unattended vacation rental where zoning doesn't allow it. The owner would register with the Department of Revenue in order to pay lodging tax. I don't know that they would have dealings with the Department of Licensing. There are plenty of illegal vacation rentals scattered about, but the city does not enforce this restriction.

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: West SEattle Guest House - SW Graham St

Bob, check this out...

www.doh.wa.gov/hsqa/FSL/arcs/TA/lic_req.htm

7. Re: West SEattle Guest House - SW Graham St

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2009, 06:20