We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from airport to Warwick hotel

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
279 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from airport to Warwick hotel

We are 4 adults and have been told that taxis do not wait ouside the airport like at most airports.

Is this true?

If so, where can we find a cab? Does anyone know about how much it will cost?

Also, will a single taxi accomodate 4 adults with a good deal of luggage?

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from airport to Warwick hotel

No, they do, they are just not in the pick up area right outside of baggage claim...that's just for ordinary folks to pick up their friends and family members. For taxis, you have to go up one flight from baggage claim, then across the skybridge to the parking garage, then down the stairs/escalator one flight (or use the elevator on both sides). I've been to other airports that have a similar separate area for taxis so this isn't unique to Seatac.

A taxi from Seatac will cost about $40-45 before tip.

In any event, a taxi most likely will not accommodate 4 people with a lot of luggage, as many taxis are Priuses which are pretty small. I'd look at booking a towncar/limo, or even taking the Airporter bus, which costs $11 per person. The Warwick is one of the stops.

If you look to the left and click on "Before You Go", there's an article about arriving at Seatac that outlines the various options.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from airport to Warwick hotel

Thanks so much. I am wondering if we should also take the towncar/limo to pier 66. We are spending 3 days in seattle, going on a cruise and then spending a day in Seattle again. I asume the hotel can call a limo/ towncar for us to return to the aiport.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,995 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from airport to Warwick hotel

Towncars are usually better overall. Towncars back to airport are usually less about $35. Cabs have flat rates to seatac but not the other way around. The airporter bus could work for 4 people but about the same price as the towncar limo option. The luggage is the variable. Read the article and call them from baggage claim and they will come and pick you up.

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,350 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from airport to Warwick hotel

I always just take a taxi from the airport...

From baggage claim area, you follow the signs, up the escalator & over the skybridge to the parking garage, where you will find various transportation options located.

Yes, they are there just the same as any other airport (not on the street outside, but at this specific location in the parking garage). I would figure ~$40 to get downtown.

You can also use the Downtown Airporter hotel shuttle bus, but it's ~$10 per person, so with your group would not save any money and would take longer (because the bus loops thru the major downtown hotels, and Warwick is the last stop).

I'm not sure what a "good deal of luggage" means, but a regular taxi definitely is big enough for 4 adults (3 in the back seat, 1 up front with the driver) with one suitcase each.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from airport to Warwick hotel

should we also get a towncar to take us from the Warwick to the pier?

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,995 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from airport to Warwick hotel

To the pier is really close. Most hotels have someone reliable on call to take you to the pier but its very close to downtown.

Suze always underestimates the cost of a taxi. Its almost 18 miles from Seatac to Warwick. Cost is $3.50 airport fee plus $2.50 flag drop then $2.50 per mile plus $.050 per minute of wait time (red lights and traffic delays). The absolute cheapest it could be is $45-50 which makes the towncars almost always a better deal. Airport cabs can be any7thing from a Prius to a van so you wouldn't know till you got there what the luggage capacity would be. Grayline is charging $11 per person one way. The towncar people also have suv's so everything should fit in one car.

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,350 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from airport to Warwick hotel

I simply posted what I paid recently from SeaTac, catching a taxi the way I described in my post. My apartment is on Capitol Hill, which is a bit further than a downtown hotel, so I'm not sure how I "always" underestimate the cost.

I am only 1 person - is there an extra charge for more people, or extra charge for more luggage that I am not taking into consideration?

New York
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from airport to Warwick hotel

You can call a town car/limo from baggage claim. They have phones there. They will dispatch a car to meet you by the door you are closest to. That way you don't have to lug your luggage over the sky bridge. This year they have added SUV's in addition to cars and limos and can hold up to 7 passengers. So request accordingly.

9. Re: Taxi from airport to Warwick hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2009, 07:25