We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferry ?

st. louis
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Topic
ferry ?

Is it correct that there are no car ferries that travel from downtown seattle to victoria? I'm having trouble finding one and thought i'd ask the experts for help. thanks.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,048 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ferry ?

they had one but it was probably over 20 yrs ago. Victoria clipper is the only one from Seattle for psgrs only and Washington State Ferry from Anacortes to Sydney. On left on before you go read trips to Vanc and Victoria for options.

Bellevue, WA
Level Contributor
529 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ferry ?

I prefer to drive up to Tsawassen and take the BC ferries: bigger, faster. And it separates the border crossing from the ferry ride. We spent hours of unexplained delay on the Victoria to Anacortes ferry one time.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ferry ?

There is also the Coho from Port Angeles but getting there is a trip in itself. I usually go to Tsawwassen myself.

If you are just staying in greater Victoria, you don't really need a car. There are buses out to Butchart Gardens, etc. Then the Clipper is much more convenient.

Make sure you have passports for the trip to Canada these days (kids 16 and under can make do with a certified birth certificate).

I came close to riding on the Princess Marguerite car ferry the last year it was in operation in 1999. I wish I would have!

I also have had the fine experience of watching the Anacortes ferry sail away without me on it, then making the trip to Tsawwassen anyway. BTW "Tsawwassen" is pronounced Ta- wassn, as announced on ferry terminal intercoms.

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,693 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ferry ?

Correct, the only one from downtown Seattle is the passenger-only ferry, Victoria Clipper.

5. Re: ferry ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2010, 06:17