We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

seattle to vancouver

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
seattle to vancouver

any suggested routes from seattle to vancouver w/ sites. we are leaving seattle around 7 tp 7:30pm.

thanks

Bellevue, WA
Level Contributor
529 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: seattle to vancouver

I might have suggested the Chuckanut Drive, but you are leaving too late. Just head straight on up I-5.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,919 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: seattle to vancouver

weekday, frinday nite? hard to advice with such a general question. Not much time to sightsee unless you want to arrive at midnite. I-5 all the way as you don't know what to expect at the border. Could I suggest you read on before you go on left Trips to Vanc and Victoria for some hints and border crossing hints.

Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: seattle to vancouver

is the Chuckanut Drive that out of the way en route to vancouver. to be more specific, we are arriving by plane to seatac at 6:30pm and renting a car to drive to vancouver.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: seattle to vancouver

by the time you leave Seattle you will have little daylight left.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,919 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: seattle to vancouver

I'm driving to Vancouver this morning. Mapquest puts the route at 3 hr 6 minutes without border delays. You won't be in the car till 7:30 so it would be after 11 pm before you arrive if you hit almost no traffic.

Metro Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: seattle to vancouver

Unless you have a meeting in Vancouver the morning after it would make more sense to stay in Seattle upon arrival then drive to Vancouver the morning after. Any reason why you can't fly from Houston to Vancouver via a US airport, not necessary Seattle?

7. Re: seattle to vancouver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2010, 06:17