We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 women where to stay what to do?

portland,oregon
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
6 women where to stay what to do?

My daughter is turning 21 and would like to stay in seattle with 6 friends. What part of town would you suggest and where to go in evening thats safe

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
726 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 women where to stay what to do?

She and her friends would be safe downtown. If they are in college, and want the college scene, they could hang in the University District. And if they want something a little more hip/edgy/or gay, they may want to stay on Capitol Hill. They'll be fine walking and taking cabs around the city.

Mentioned in this post
University District
University District
77 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Capitol Hill
Capitol Hill
147 Reviews
Seattle, WA
colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
2,303 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 women where to stay what to do?

Just got back from Seattle with my girlfriends. We used hotwire to stay at the Sheraton downtown for $114 a night. It was very convenient to all the things we wanted to do plus it was a very nice hotel. My top ten would be Alki beach for best Seattle views & hangin' (if it's sunny), The Space Needle, letstourseattle for an overview of the city, The Underground tour, Pikes Market, Gas Works park on Lake Union & taking in Fremont, hangin' out at the Water Front,& the Jimmy Hendrix (Experience Music Project),Ballard Locks & Chittenden Salmon Ladder. That was 3 full days with eating out & a little shopping. We rented a car one day to take in Lake Union, The Locks & Alki beach in West Seattle. We also went to Bainbridge Island for the ferry experience, it was a little overcast & cold so I probably wouldn't recommend to 20 yr. olds. There are some shops but not for the younger crowd.

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Alki Beach
Alki Beach
878 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Space Needle
Space Needle
14,849 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Gas Works Park
Gas Works Park
782 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Lake Union
Lake Union
237 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Fremont
Fremont
280 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Hotel Ballard
Hotel Ballard
307 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
37,806 posts
959 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 women where to stay what to do?

The Fairmont Olympic is very nice, we stayed there for two nights a few weeks ago. I found a rate on Expedia for $169/night for an Executive Suite which was gorgeous. They have an excellent town car service at the Fairmont. :)

Mentioned in this post
The Fairmont Olympic Seattle
The Fairmont Olympic...
3,314 Reviews
Seattle, WA
western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 women where to stay what to do?

If money is an issue, the 6th Avenue Inn is now being run as a hostel. A room is about $40 bucks a night, and it is really pretty nice. It's in a good neighborhood, too. Some similar-age girlfriends of my daughter stayed there recently and had only good things to stay.

Of course, it would not be as nice as the Fairmont!

Seattle
Level Contributor
48,468 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 6 women where to stay what to do?

I think either downtown or Capitol Hill are the best neighborhoods. What price range are we talking? And what kind of accomodations are they seeking (youth hostel, B&B, budget hotel, high-end hotel?).

Mentioned in this post
Capitol Hill
Capitol Hill
147 Reviews
Seattle, WA
portland,oregon
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 6 women where to stay what to do?

The girls would like to keep it under $150 per room a night. A lot of places online only give rates for two people per room so it is hard to shop.

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: 6 women where to stay what to do?

Ainwa, curious about the hostel info? I hadn't heard that so called the Sixth Avenue Inn the last time you posted that info and they told me that's not the case. Is it possible your daughter's friends were affiliated with a hostel group that booked rooms there at a special rate or something?

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: 6 women where to stay what to do?

Re rates for 2 people: a good rule of thumb is that the charge for a 3rd adult in the room is going to be somewhere between $15-30.

Bellevue, WA
Level Contributor
529 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 6 women where to stay what to do?

Teatro Zinzanni would be fun with a group:

http://dreams.zinzanni.org/

Mentioned in this post
Teatro ZinZanni
Teatro ZinZanni
373 Reviews
Seattle, WA
10. Re: 6 women where to stay what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2010, 06:18