We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Lite Transit Stop

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
525 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near Lite Transit Stop

Are there any hotels on the way into Seattle from SeaTac on the new Lite Transit system that might have free or cheaper parking than downtown?

Thanks

Bertha

Renton, WA
Level Contributor
3,731 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near Lite Transit Stop

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that there are no hotels along the route, period. I have ridden the Link into town from the airport (and back) several times, but in the pre-Link days I drove through those neighborhoods all the time. Find a hotel along the airport strip or bite the bullet and go into town.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,800 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near Lite Transit Stop

Seattle is pretty negotiable without a car. Read on right side itinerary without a car. I'd rent a car downtown vs seatac to save $$ and use it on the days you want to get out of downtown Seattle. Other than the airport no hotels along the route.

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,173 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near Lite Transit Stop

I'm also somewhat guessing but I don't think so. Hotels are either out at SeaTac or they are downtown. -suze

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
525 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near Lite Transit Stop

Thanks Everyione

Thing is Seattle is a midway rest stop on our roadtrip so we will already have a car, just thought staying along the transit route would make it easy to get into town for sightseeing.

Will try & persuade hubby to stay out by airport. Would this be easier than staying in Bellevue where we can get a great deal at the Sheraton with free parking.

Bertha

Seattle area
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near Lite Transit Stop

It's a fast bus ride from the Bellevue Transit Center, which is a few blocks from the Sheraton. Bellevue would be a much more attractive choice than anything near the airport. With a good deal and free parking, I would choose the Bellevue Sheraton, if downtown Seattle is not an option (parking charges at the hotels there are high).

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,173 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel near Lite Transit Stop

You could stay at a B&B in a neighborhood close to downtown. Would that interest you? I live on Capitol Hill (about 2-3 miles from downtown) and there are several nice onces. Then you would use Metro bus to get around. It's not the new light-rail, but a very good public transportation bus system. Lots of routes between Capitol Hill and downtown, about a 20 min. $2 ride, exact price and time depending time of day. Parking is free on the streets in this neighborhood and fairly easy to find (near Volunteer Park on 15th Ave E). Here's one place: www.sbmansion.com

-suze

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel near Lite Transit Stop

the transit system is low fat?

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
6,105 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel near Lite Transit Stop

You could also try Priceline for downtown Seattle (or Lake Union) and just bid low enough so that the parking cost comes out in the wash.

If you do stay in Bellevue, you can utilize the high-occupancy lanes on Interstate 90 into Seattle, so avoiding traffic, then park someplace away from the middle of things, but ideally still inside the free bus zone downtown, and use public transport around town. That would be faster and more convenient than getting from the Sheraton to the downtown Bellevue transit center (not really walkable) in order to catch the fast buses. Plus you could use the car to explore various districts in Seattle that are away from the downtown core.

Seattle area
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel near Lite Transit Stop

<not really walkable>

The Sheraton Bellevue is slightly outside the main business district, at 118th and Main St. and the Transit Center is located at 108th and NE 6th. I have walked that route--it's on wide sidewalks going slightly uphill on Main St., then turning right, also on wide sidewalks, to NE 6th. Yes, they are long blocks, but much easier to walk than the streets up some of the steep hills in downtown Seattle. And the OP is from Edinburgh: possibly they are sturdy Highlanders like my DH!

The other suggestions are also good alternatives to staying near the airport, but let's not be so Seattle-centric! Other nice places to visit right near the Sheraton would be the Bellevue Botanical Garden, a few minutes drive just east of the Sheraton, or the easy access up the I-90 freeway east into the Cascade Mountains or to Snoqualmie Falls. Slainte!

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
6,105 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel near Lite Transit Stop

No you're right - of course the Sheraton to the Bellevue transit center is walkable, probably would take 10-15 min, about like walking from the Dean Village to the Caledonian Hotel, only way less interesting.