We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seattle & Surrounding Area in 2 or 3 days

Ft. Lauderdale
1 post
Save Topic
Seattle & Surrounding Area in 2 or 3 days

I'm visiting Seattle in May and cant decide if i need 2 or 3 days to take it all in...

I want to see the city proper, Boeing's manufacturing facility, and take a trip to Mt. Rainier. Can i do this in just 2 days ( yes i know it'll be rushed) or do i need to stay a 3rd day? Given my limited timeline, are there any other notable attractions to see/do that i have not mentioned that i can visit?

All help is appreciated.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,306 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seattle & Surrounding Area in 2 or 3 days

I wrote a pretty easy one day itinerary without a car on right FAQ's. That is just seeing downtown and Space Needle. I'd think two days minimum unless you want the most cursory drive by type of sightseeing. Mt. Rainier is an all day event. Boeing is 25 miles north of downtown and will take about 4 hrs with driving time and tour. Of course there is a lot more to see than what you list but not sure what your interested in? I think the Museum of Flight at Boeing Field is pretty interesting if your into aviation.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seattle & Surrounding Area in 2 or 3 days

If you want to go to Mt. Rainer - and you should - stay 3 days.

We just spent 3 days/4nights in Seattle and that was a good amount for a first visit. We had surprisingly sunny and mild weather, and we probably could've found more to do if we had another day.

I took the full-day Mt. Rainer tour with Green Escapes and it was FANTASTIC!! A must-do if you're interested.

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Seattle & Surrounding Area in 2 or 3 days

Queensboulevard, just curious, did you mean Evergreen Escapes? I haven't heard of a company called Green Escapes but I'm familiar with Evergreen, that's why I ask.

Nannup, Australia
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seattle & Surrounding Area in 2 or 3 days

I'm spending 3 days in Seattle and my itinerary looks like this:

Day 1 - a.m. City tour

p.m. ferry to Bainbridge and back

Day 2 - a.m. Boeing tour

p.m. Pike Place market/aquarium/waterfront (baseball in the evening)

Day 3 - a.m. Museum of Flight

p.m. Seattle Centre/ Space Needle (evening Amtrak to Vancouver)

It is deliberately un-rushed and as I will walk a lot I will probably get side-tracked from time to time. Experience tells me 'less is more' and flexibility is paramount when planning itineraries like this.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seattle & Surrounding Area in 2 or 3 days

northwestwanderer - you are correct. The tour company was Evergreen Escapes.

http://www.evergreenescapes.com/

Numbat - it sounds like you're planning the same type of visit we just finished.

We went to Pike's Market nearly every morning to try a different bread/muffin/coffee place for breakfast.

You can easily explore Pike Place, the waterfront and Pioneer Square on foot in one day, esp. if you're a walker. I highly reco taking an hour for the FREE Klondike Museum in Pioneer Square. I'm a history buff, and I really enjoyed learning about the insane "Stampeders" heading to the Gold Rush in the Yukon. If you don't need to return to your hotel, Safeco Stadium is a short walk from there.

I didn't go to the aquarium, so I can't comment on that.

If you can see the Space Needle at sunset, I'd reco doing that.

Or, if you have the time on Day 3, take a bus into the Queen Anne nabe for lunch, or go to Volunteer Park for a pleasant walk and harbor view.

Edited: 22 March 2010, 15:22
nashville
Level Contributor
44 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seattle & Surrounding Area in 2 or 3 days

Seattle in 2 or 3 days? I lived in Seattle area ( Bremerton - 1 hour Ferry ride west) for 22 years, I go back home 3 times a year to visit my parents. If you are staying in Seattle and plan on Mt Rainer I would seriously consider 3 days. I would consider the below agenda

Day 1 - Pikes Place - Seattle Art Muesum/or Music Experiance Museum, Seattle Center (Space Needle), Walk the water front.

Day 2 - Could Catch a Baseball game and do what ever wasnt done above. Seattle Under Ground Tour is pretty neat. Could Take Ferry over to Bainbridge Island or Do a sun set sail or Argossy Cruise of Seattle Harbor or Lake Washington. Could Visist Blakes Island could also go to the top of Bank of America Building (formerly columbia center - biggest building in Seattle) Muesum of Flight and Seattle Acquarium.

For food consider Anthony's on Pier 66 or Ivars near the Ferry Terminal - and if it's sunny - nothing better then waffle cones on the water front. also have a nice brazilian gril on 3rd & pine I believe.

Day 3 - Mt Ranier

I'll be doing most of the above when i go to Seattle for 7 days in May - plus some time on the Olymipc Penn.

Happy Travels- you'll love it!

7. Re: Seattle & Surrounding Area in 2 or 3 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2010, 05:18