We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to decide between two hotels

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
AZ4
Phoenix
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trying to decide between two hotels

I'm trying to decide between the Homewood Suites near the Seattle Center and the Residence Inn at Lake Union. We plan to do all of the touristy things and, although we'll have a car for at least part of the trip, we'd like to walk or use public transportation as much as possible. Taking into account location and quality, which hotel should I choose? We are a family of 4 with two young children. Thanks for the feedback!

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to decide between two hotels

Both have positives, but I prefer the Residence Inn on Lake Union because it has a nice indoor pool and it is on the Seattle Streetcar Line providing easy access to downtown. I like the Lake Union location too, as there are a variety of family friendly restaurants within walking distance. The new Lake Union Park and the Center for Wooden Boats are also close.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to decide between two hotels

All good reasons for choosing the Residence Inn.

With the young kids, you might like being within a short walk of Seattle Center because there is a lot to do there, however. Nothing beats a two-block walk for something to do Right Now! You can pick up the monorail downtown from there, and it is not a very long walk to the waterfront.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,807 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to decide between two hotels

Have you considered the Comfort Suites on Roy ST? Its much closer to the space needle and a good choice as well. Easy walk to monorail etc.

pgo
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
7,193 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trying to decide between two hotels

While there is nothing wrong with the Homewood Suites, and it's in a great area for young adults, it just isn't that convenient for a family with young children. It's on a fairly busy street and the waterfront is not accessible without going out of your way. Most of the bus lines are over on Queen Anne, so a bit of walking is involved. The monorail is about 3/4 of a mile away, and only goes to one place. Again, not bad, but not so convenient.

I raised young kids in a city, and think you should look for a nearby park and pool as much as access to museums, so I would go with the Residence Inn.

AZ4
Phoenix
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Trying to decide between two hotels

Thank you all so much for your responses. We're not at all familiar with the layout of the city, so the information provided has been very useful. Looking at a Google map, it was hard to tell if the Residence Inn was out of the way or convenient to the things we want to do. I really appreciate the feedback.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,807 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trying to decide between two hotels

did you read on right 'where to stay in Seattle?' as it gives you a little overview of Seattle so its easier tof figure out. Homewood suites on Pike would be ideal if you could change.

7. Re: Trying to decide between two hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2010, 08:15