We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Made in Washigton Store : where/ what info

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
164 posts
141 reviews
Save Topic
Made in Washigton Store : where/ what info

The 'Made in Washington' Store has been mentioned on TA. I wonder if there is one located near to either the Marriott Waterfront Hotel/ Pikes Market/ Macy's. I plan to be at these locations during my stay.

What kind of products would be in the store? Typical souvenir must- haves such as T shirts, dish towels, local crafts?

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Made in Washigton Store : where/ what info

Yes, there are two Made in Washington Stores downtown, at Pike Place Market and Westlake Center. I would say their merchandise is slightly higher quality than your typical tourist souvenir store, and features local artists.

Know that you can find many of the products they carry right in the Market - ie; Chukar Cherries, Market Spice Tea, Smoked Salmon, etc.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Made in Washigton Store : where/ what info

They carry a lot of locally produced cheese, wine, tea, smoked fish, candy etc. They also have a decent amount of local craft work, such as blown glass. They are not the "3 Tshirts for Fifteen Bucks" kind of place.

In a way, it is like one-stop shopping for items you'd find at Pike Place Market, if going to the market isn't convenient.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,648 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Made in Washigton Store : where/ what info

Also remember the location at Seatac. Its in Pacific Marketplace so you can buy things leaving town. Merchandise is at same price so you could shop before flying out.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Made in Washigton Store : where/ what info

Oh - I forgot about that one davidgmg. Good reminder! Get to the airport early and shop :-)

5. Re: Made in Washigton Store : where/ what info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2010, 07:15