We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping in downtown seattle?????

uk
Level Contributor
127 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping in downtown seattle?????

A bit last minute I know but Ive just found out I have to fly to seattle tomorrow and wil have a bit of spare time to do some shopping!

Any nice malls around?, Im staying at the sheraton seattle towers on 6th Avenue.

I know about the fish market, someone else suggested a place called Marshalls or Ross ? ( I think these are bargain places rather than dept stores) but any mall within walking distance would be great to know about, thanks!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
467 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping in downtown seattle?????

My favorite mall is Pacific Place Seattle.

www.pacificplaceseattle.com

It is on Pine between 6th and 7th.

Nordstrom department store is on Pine between 5th and 6th.

Westlake Center is on Pine between 4th and 5th.

Macy's is on Pine between 3rd and 4th.

Sincerely,

Diana

Mentioned in this post
Pacific Place
Pacific Place
110 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Nordstrom
Nordstrom
85 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Westlake Center
Westlake Center
132 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
467 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping in downtown seattle?????

As well, City Centre is an upscale shopping center. It has stores like Ann Taylor and Barneys. It is located at 6th and Union.

Marshalls and Ross are bargain places. I am thinking that Ross is located on 3rd.

I prefer Nordstrom Rack located at 2nd and Pine. Some of the merchandise comes from Nordstrom department stores, and Nordstrom deeply discounts certain items and sends them to the Nordstrom Rack stores in order to sell the items. And Nordstrom Rack also has lower priced items that start out for sell at the Nordstrom Rack stores. For instance, I found some good and cheap socks at Nordstrom Rack (they were not discounted--they were already at a cheap price).

Sincerely,

Diana

Mentioned in this post
Nordstrom Rack
Nordstrom Rack
113 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Nordstrom
Nordstrom
85 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,122 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping in downtown seattle?????

I like Nordstorm Rack. In November they had Kate Spade purses for 50% off... for our daughter, not me.

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping in downtown seattle?????

hostie: Along with the other suggestions, you might want to visit the Best of All Worlds shop at Sixth Avenue & Union Street, kitty corner from your hotel.

Also, just across the street to the west is the City Centre Building, which has stores such as Barneys New York, Ann Taylor, American Outfitters and some other specialty shops.

Ross is on the southeast corner of Third Avenue and Pike Street.

Mentioned in this post
uk
Level Contributor
127 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping in downtown seattle?????

Thanks so much guys!!!!

Really appreciate your help!

well, off to the airport now so will let you know how I get on!!

Thanks again!