We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near West Seattle?

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
El Cerrito...
Level Contributor
172 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels near West Seattle?

I'll be spending a weekend in Seattle, visiting friends in the West Seattle area, going to a Mariners game, and doing some general sight-seeing. We'll have a rental car. I thought I'd be able to get a hotel through Priceline, but they don't even have a zone that includes West Seattle. Apparently, there are not many hotels in that area? I gather that if we stay downtown, we might wind up paying almost as much for parking as we do for a room. Can someone recommend a good area to stay that would have easy access to West Seattle, and where we'd be able to get a decent, moderately-priced hotel room (or a cheap hotel room using Priceline)?

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,686 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels near West Seattle?

WS is pretty residential so you won't find many hotels. I'm thinking of Silver Cloud Stadium as one possiblity. Otherwise with a car I'd look at Tukwila or Southcenter. Plenty of nice hotels and free parking. Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites or Courtyard all very good and while south of West Seattle there is easy access to the freeway. Lots of restaraunts in the area and shopping as well.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels near West Seattle?

WS has a *few* B & Bs and vacation rentals you may want to consider if you want to be close to friends.

Look at Sea to Sky Rentals to start, but you can also search on VBRO.

http://www.seatoskyrentals.com

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels near West Seattle?

west seattle is my neighborhood and other than a couple of b and bs and vacation rentals as previously mentioned, there isn't any place to stay over here, other than a scary looking motel that i wouldn't even think of recommending.

i'd stay downtown, ditch the car and take the bus or water taxi to get over here to visit your friends.

El Cerrito...
Level Contributor
172 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels near West Seattle?

Would it be worth considering hotels in Priceline's 'Airport' zone, or would that just be a dreadful area to stay? Perhaps we will just stay downtown, and either get rid of the car, or shell out the $$ for parking.

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels near West Seattle?

it wouldn't be much fun to stay out there--it's pretty boring, plus having to drive back and forth would be a pain imo.

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,104 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels near West Seattle?

Yes, the airport zone is a dreadful place to stay.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,686 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels near West Seattle?

as mentioned you'd be happier staying around Soutchenter, Tukwila or area.

El Cerrito...
Level Contributor
172 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels near West Seattle?

If I book through Priceline, I wouldn't be able to choose an exact location, and the zone that includes Tukwila goes up to Renton and stretches down to Kent. Do you think that gamble would be worth it? Is something as far south as Kent too out of the way?

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels near West Seattle?

yes it is. do you want to spend your vacation driving on crowded freeways, or enjoying seattle? if the latter, stay downtown and ditch the car.

10. Re: Hotels near West Seattle?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2011, 05:17