We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

healthy dinner after leaving airport?

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
healthy dinner after leaving airport?

Hi,

We will be flying into Seattle and immediately driving toward Portland. However, it will be about dinner time, and I would like to find a place to stop along the way, without having to go too far out of the way and causing further delays in getting to our destination. Can someone recommend something healthy (local/organic) that doesn't take a terribly long time?

Thank you!

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,898 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: healthy dinner after leaving airport?

Chipotle Grill does all free range chicken and fresh veggies. There is a location at Southcenter but you might check to see whats available near Federal Way or Tacoma.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
88 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: healthy dinner after leaving airport?

There's a variety of restaurants in Tacoma right off of 5. There's Olive Garden, I think a few other chains--once you get past Tacoma, there isn't much before Vancouver/Portland other than fast food. Sorry, there's not much to offer close by.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: healthy dinner after leaving airport?

Closest to the airport is Tukwila, primarily a retail/shopping district filled with chain-type restaurants. Unfortunately from SEATAC to Tacoma, it's primarily chains.

You might want to consider Zoopa, a Soup/Salad/Pasta Bar type of restaurant, with an emphasis on "fresh", though I am not sure if Organic.

393 Strander Blvd, Tukwila

Other chains in Tukwila that have "healthier" options, though not necessarily organic, on their menu include, Applebees, California Pizza Kitchen, Qdoba, Red Robin. Chipotle is a good option, though more in the fast food category.

Fox Island...
Level Contributor
610 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: healthy dinner after leaving airport?

There is a Marlene's Market in both Tacoma and in Federal Way. They have a wonderful deli with organic/grainfed meats, lots of vegetarian choices, healthy entrees that they can heat up for you, homemade soups, and a great salad bar. It would be fast, healthy, and affordable. Both are within a half mile of I-5. Addresses are 2565 S Gateway Center Pl in Federal Way and at 2951 S 38th St in Tacoma.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: healthy dinner after leaving airport?

I thought of Marlene's too, but wasn't sure if they were open late enough. Do you know foxisle?

Fox Island...
Level Contributor
610 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: healthy dinner after leaving airport?

I checked the website and hours are:

Federal Way store Mon-Sat til 8 pm, Sun til 6 pm

Tacoma store Mon-Fri til 8 pm, Sat til 7 pm, Sun til 6 pm

I don't know what day you're travelling so hopefully that schedule would work for you.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: healthy dinner after leaving airport?

Fish Tale Brew Pub in Olympia (see reviews on Yelp) looks like a good choice. Olympia is not too far south of the airport and is a cute town.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,252 posts
1,824 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: healthy dinner after leaving airport?

We fly into Seattle frequently at dinner time and often eat in the airport at Anthony's Restaurant and Fish Bar before continuing on. Service is quick and the food is much, much better than the typical airport fare. If you like fresh fish, check out the menu on-line to determine if Anthony's would work for you.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: healthy dinner after leaving airport?

Anthony's at the airport is a great choice, but do you have to worry about your luggage down on the carousel? That's why I didn't suggest it. Once you leave the secure area, you can't go back in to Anthony's.

There are Anthony's in Tacoma, Des Moines, and Olympia on your southbound trip if you like the idea.

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,667 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: healthy dinner after leaving airport?

I also am curious to know how you get back into the airport if you are coming in on a flight. I thought that food court (which is excellent btw) was only available to outbound passengers after going thru security??

-suze