We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seafood dinner for $35 or less for 2

Wasilla, Alaska
Level Contributor
27 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Seafood dinner for $35 or less for 2

Hey There,

My wife & I will be in Seattle 9/02 and was wondering where can we find a good seafood restaurant near Pike Place/downtown for $35 for the 2 of us. Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seafood dinner for $35 or less for 2

Boy, that's probably going to be tough. Even the Crab Pot on the waterfront will exceed that $35.00 I'd think.

I know others will chime in.

You might Google: Seattle Seafood Restaurants. You'll get a list and can check their menus and, if posted, their prices. If some are appealing, and within your price range, do two things: ask us what we think, and go to the tab, left hand column, and select Restaurants, and read reviews.

I hope you have lodging, there's a lot going on that week.

Check this out... urbanspoon.com/ps/…Pike-Place-Market.html

Edited: 24 August 2010, 05:32
Wasilla, Alaska
Level Contributor
27 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seafood dinner for $35 or less for 2

Thanks for the info, while waiting for a reply I started searching & saw Pike Place chowder in the mall is just a block or so away from the Ramada where we're staying. You're right about the hotels, the Ramada booked up 2 weeks ago glad we made ours in June :) I will check out the Crab Pot as well

Bellevue, WA
Level Contributor
529 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seafood dinner for $35 or less for 2

Try the seafood in Chinatown: better prices, recipes perfected over 5,000 years.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,138 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seafood dinner for $35 or less for 2

Don't check out the Crab Pot, it'll be more expensive, it's is not an "inexpensive" option by any means, and it's about gimic eating, rather than true Northwest seafood.

If it's just the two of you, Ivar's has a terrific happy hour. It runs from 3:30 - close, 7 days a week, in the bar, at Ivar's Acres of Clams on the waterfront, that will help you get very reasonable seafood fix. They also have a "Beat the Tide" menu, Monday-Friday 3:00-5:30 where you get a starter, entree and dessert for $19.38, slightly over your budget, but includes full menu items. Ivar's has been in business since 1938, they are a Seattle tradition. Here is the link ivars.com/index.php…

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,695 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seafood dinner for $35 or less for 2

I think going to the Waterfront is the answer. You can eat outdoors and have some fish & chip styled seafood and beer/wine for about that price. Plus no tipping required. Just stroll along and see what appeals... Anthony's, Ivars, Elliotts, all the usual suspects have to-go windows out facing the sidewalks along the waterfront promonade down at the piers.

For a sit-down meal with a waterfront view in that price range, Cutters Bayhouse, at the north end of the Market might work, if you order carefully and don't drink much.

-suze

bellevue
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Seafood dinner for $35 or less for 2

Great answers. You might even be able to do a nicer place like Seastar restaurant in South Lake Union at happy hour for that price: www.seastarrestaurant.com

I'd also check Umi Sushi Bar - they have a very popular happy hour as well. I know it's not "seafood" per say as you might be looking for, but it's great seafood none the less.

I like the Ivar's call. There are some great happy hours down by the pier / waterfront too. Locals don't usually go down there, but I could be wrong.

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,695 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seafood dinner for $35 or less for 2

I'm local and I love the Waterfront. I work in Belltown so walk along the promonade there lots of summer lunch-times. Other than Anthony's for a sit down meal (which is well over $35 for 2 people) I'd just pick anyplace that looked fun. Most of the restaurants also have a fish & chips styled to-go window with outdoor seating. Right on the water. Really can't beat that!

-suze

Level Contributor
35,444 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seafood dinner for $35 or less for 2

Pike Place Chowder is very good, we ate there this past May when we were in Seattle, visiting Pike Place Market. Enjoy your time in Seattle, it's a beautiful city! :)

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
327 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seafood dinner for $35 or less for 2

Ivars. It's the only thing you'll find in your price range.

Wasilla, Alaska
Level Contributor
27 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Seafood dinner for $35 or less for 2

Thanks for all the good info-much appreciated-looking forward to pulling into the Emerald City Thursday morning-coming up fast :)