We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner after the game

Bishop, California
Level Contributor
170 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner after the game

We will be in Seattle on September 26th and have tickets to watch the Seahawks play the San Diego Charges for an afternoon game. I have two questions. We will be staying across from Pike Place Market and would like to walk to the stadium. It's only about a mile plus, according to our map. Any thoughts on that? Also, if we also walk back to the hotel, is there a good restaurant on the way?

Many thanks for your input.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
42 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner after the game

It's walkable, about a mile and a half but I'd take a bus since they are free until 7pm and I'm lazy. Just ask the driver to make sure they are going towards the stadium and not hopping on the freeway. I feel safe walking but I can see how some people wouldn't. The area between the shopping district and Pioneer Square are pretty desolate on the weekends but you would probably walk down 1st ave which is more hopping than 3rd ave where I tend to walk.

Not sure what you like to eat but The Met is a popular steakhouse on the way back, 2nd & Marion. I believe most of the restaurants near the stadiums close early but the Market/Westlake area has lots of restaurants.

Seattle
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner after the game

Definitely walkable but uphill on the way back from the stadium.

The Metropolitan Grill, mentioned by pepperzoe, is the best steakhouse in Seattle, but will be on the more expensive side. Other popular (and hence possibly crowded) eateries near the stadium are FX McRory's Steak Chop and Oyster House, the two brew pubs Pyramid Alehouse and Elysian Fields Brewery, bars such as Sluggers and Central Saloon, and Jimmy's in the Silver Cloud Inn at the Stadiums. There is a good Italian restaurant in the Pioneer Square area -- Il Terrazzo Carmine. If you hike back to the Market area before eating, you have many, many other restaurant choices.

Seattle
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner after the game

Definitely walkable but uphill on the way back from the stadium.

The Metropolitan Grill, mentioned by pepperzoe, is the best steakhouse in Seattle, but will be on the more expensive side. Other popular (and hence possibly crowded) eateries near the stadium are FX McRory's Steak Chop and Oyster House, the two brew pubs Pyramid Alehouse and Elysian Fields Brewery, bars such as Sluggers and Central Saloon, and Jimmy's in the Silver Cloud Inn at the Stadiums. There is a good Italian restaurant in the Pioneer Square area -- Il Terrazzo Carmine. If you hike back to the Market area before eating, you have many, many other restaurant choices.

4. Re: Dinner after the game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2011, 08:16