We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery store and Restaurant recommendation/Hyatt Bellevue?

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
337 reviews
Save Topic
Grocery store and Restaurant recommendation/Hyatt Bellevue?

Could you recommend a grocery store near the Bellevue Hyatt (900 Bellevue Way) where one can get some juice, snack, fruit, sandwich?

and

I will have 1-2 nights free to check out the restaurants, am fond of seafood, where would you recommend I go for a nice seafood treat?

Thank you.

Issaquah, Washington
Level Contributor
536 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery store and Restaurant recommendation/Hyatt Bellevue?

There's a QFC (Quality Food Center) about a block away. Head west on NE 8th.

There are many restaurants nearby, mostly chains. If you like seafood you might enjoy McCormick & Schmick's. It's a Portland chain and I think they have excellent seafood. They have a very cheap happy hour but I've never tried it because it seems as if there is always a gigantic line and my need for cheap food is outweighed by my aversion to lines.

Edited: 22 September 2010, 01:56
Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,141 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery store and Restaurant recommendation/Hyatt Bellevue?

There are several good restaurant options, as Bellevue is booming. For seafood, the best seafood restaurant is called Seastar, a little farther than many of the restaurants, but really nothing is that far in the downtown Bellevue area. Seastar has done the reverse of most restaurants, started in Bellevue, then opened a second location in Seattle. Highly recommend.

www.seastarrestaurant.com/bellevue.php…

You'll find a plethora of restaurants along Bellevue Way near the Bellevue Square and the Hyatt. As wheatgrower wrote, most are chains, but offer satisfying meals. My current favorite is Earl's, a Canadian chain, but Pallimino is consistent and I like their happy hour.

Right at Bellevue Place at the Hyatt is Daniel's Broiler - known for their steaks, but they never miss with their seafood and have quite a nice happy hour - that includes ahi tuna, scallops, in addition to other items. Daniel's is located on the 21st floor, so you enjoy beautiful views of Bellevue, Seattle and beyond. I would have Daniel's on my list.

Just a little farther away, but still walking distance, for casual dining I am fond of Purple Wine Cafe, Barrio, or the Tap House, which are local restaurants with several locations.

Or consider the restaurants along "Main Street" in Old Bellevue. Monsoon for asian inspired dishes is very good. Bis on Main for higher-end fare or the newly opened Cantinetta for Italian.

Seattle
Level Contributor
45,295 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grocery store and Restaurant recommendation/Hyatt Bellevue?

That QFC is one of their mega-stores... it's huge and fabulous! You'll also walk right by a Pasta & Co. which is a great (if expensive) deli with wonderful to-go foods. -suze

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grocery store and Restaurant recommendation/Hyatt Bellevue?

lovely, thank you for the recommendations

5. Re: Grocery store and Restaurant recommendation/Hyatt Bellevue?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2011, 05:31