We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My turn for advice!

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria, BC Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
My turn for advice!

Here are the details:

5 women with a car, Dec 1 - 4, 2010.

What can we see?

Pike's Place and the Space Needle are already on the list but what else is there for attractions or sighseeing. We'll have two full days with all 5 of us but 2 of us are driving from Victoria so won't arrive until afternoon on the 1st and need to leave morning-ish on the 4th to head home.

I'm ashamed to admit I've been to Seattle many times but usually only for shopping purposes. :)

Bloomington...
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My turn for advice!

Well I dont know exactly what you are looking to spend your time doing but most of my time in Seattle revolves around food. We usually figure out where we are going to eat and aimlessly wonder the area, could be Ballard, Freemont, downtown, etc... On to the important stuff: Great Pizza...Serious Pie, Great Sandwiches...Paseo Caribbean and Tats, Great Mexican...La Carta de Oaxaca. A favorite for breakfast is The Crumpet Shop which is feet from Pikes Market.

The UW campus is really nice if you are into that. The neigborhoods of Ballard and Freemont are fun to walk as well.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,919 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My turn for advice!

you could drive to Snoqualmie Falls and drive the back roads to Woodinville and visit a winery or two. Bellevue Square has tons of shopping. I was going to suggest a ferry ride but I think you may have already done that a time or two.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My turn for advice!

The Picassco Exhibit at the Seattle Art Musuem.

I would consider one of the Seattle food tours, Savour Seattle or the Seattle Chocolate Tour.

When I am with girlfriends, we always want to get a little exercise in, so if the weather is ok, a walk along the waterfront to the SAM sculpture park, or a walk in Volunteer Park (we always hike up the watertower for great views or duck into the greenhouse for a little warmth) or head over to Alki Beach in West Seattle for great views back to Seattle, as you walk along the water. Plenty of places for lunch.

Try some "alternative" shopping. I love the shopping in "old Ballard" or Fremont. Plenty of local shops, boutiques. Great for browsing. Walk along the ship canal. Or go to University Village. Again, sometimes we meet at U Village, walk a couple of miles on the Burke Gilman Trail, then browse a bit, then grab lunch.

Head over to Woodinville for a little wine tasting.

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
8,838 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My turn for advice!

I second the Picasso Show. That is one amazing exhibit!

Everett, Washington
Level Contributor
2,381 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My turn for advice!

If any of you are at all into Science Fiction or music (rock & guitars in particular) the Experience Music Project and Sci. Fi. Museum are pretty interesting. It's one of those sorts of places you're either in to or not but if you are they are well worth visiting. Being fan of both I was in heaven and disappointed greatly at not having more time there. Right by the Space Needle.

As you know from home daylight will be short but as suggested above Snoqualmie Falls and Woodenville are definitely worth a visit, perhaps with lunch at the Salish Lodge at falls edge followed by winery tour. http://www.salishlodge.com/diningroom.php

Victoria, BC Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My turn for advice!

Thank-you all! Some great suggestions there. I will pass them along to the rest of my group so they can pick what they'd like.

For two of us a ferry ride is a neccessary evil, the others are from Edmonton so they might enjoy a ride on a ferry. I will suggest that as something they might want to do while waiting for us Islanders to get there.

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My turn for advice!

Ferry ride? That's easy, Seattle to Bainbridge Island, walk/drive a few blocks into town, dine, gallery, etc. Return if you like at dusk/dark, for striking views.

Ferry Routes and Schedules, WA State Ferries (Beautiful views, ride at least one, perhaps Bainbridge Island).

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/

Bainbridge Island

gonorthwest.com/Washington/puget/Bainbridge/…

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My turn for advice!

read the things to do link

9. Re: My turn for advice!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2011, 06:16