We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mercer Island questions

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
vancouver
Level Contributor
287 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mercer Island questions

Hello

Is it feasible to commute from Mercer Island to downtown Seattle without owning a car?

I see there are a couple of buses that go from the Island to downtown, but they go from the P&R. Is it possible to get to the P&R on foot from the south side of I90?

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,794 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mercer Island questions

there is bus transport pretty much everywhere. Without knowing your address its hard to comment. Use

kingcountrymetro.gov tripplanner.

this may not be correct but google it and you put in the addy and it tells you the closest routes.

vancouver
Level Contributor
287 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mercer Island questions

HI

Say it was around 76th Ave SE. From the map that looks a comfortable walking distance to the P&R but I was wondering if it is physically possible to get across/under the I90 on foot (might seem a daft question but many North American cities are constructed assuming people never walk anywhere)

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mercer Island questions

You'll have at least three, I think four, overpasses for walking and driving access the park and ride. No problem at all.

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&q=I-90+on+mercer+island&fb=1&gl=us&hq=I-90&hnear=Mercer+Island,+WA&hl=en&view=map&cid=1835918762709061776&iwloc=A&ved=0CDkQpQY&sa=X&ei=UIo0TdX9NpfgigOXsq2lAw

When built, included was the Lid Park, quite nice.

Edited: 17 January 2011, 18:30
4. Re: Mercer Island questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2012, 07:19