We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin, Avis and up to Boeing on a Friday.....

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Westin, Avis and up to Boeing on a Friday.....

Hi All,

Planning has continued at a pace and we are now left with just the car to book for the non Seattle part of our holiday (Boeing, down to Portland, Hood River, Oregon Coast and ONP). We are looking at Avis, mainly due to location (we are staying at the Westin) although in fairness price isn't that different between all the usual suppliers.

On Friday 3rd June, we will be picking the car up from Avis and then heading north of Seattle to do the Boeing Tour. We are booked on the 9am tour, which based on picking the car up at Avis at 7am, allows us 2 hours to get to Boeing, 90mins if we arrive half an hour early as Boeing suggest.

Do you think this gives us enough time to make the journey? My theory is rush hour traffic will be going the opposite way to us e.g. into Seattle and we should be fine, but I just wanted to check?

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Ju123

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,780 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin, Avis and up to Boeing on a Friday.....

You should be fine.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
6,525 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin, Avis and up to Boeing on a Friday.....

Yes, you'll be going against traffic so it shouldn't take you more than 30-35 min. to reach the tour center; 45 min. allowing for a bit of city traffic before you reach the freeway. I'd plan on a 7:30 departure, personally.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Westin, Avis and up to Boeing on a Friday.....

Well that's nice to know. For some reason I was a little concerned about making it, even despite looking at Google Maps and seeing the distance. I'm glad we opted for the 9am now then, the next option was 11am (I don't know what has happened to the 10am) but with a long drive to Portland afterwards I thought it would best to go for the first tour of the day.

One additional thought. Avis prices have increased somewhat and the best option looks like Alamo/National now. In understand they are based at the Hilton? Is this an easy walk from Westin, even with luggage and how about access to the interstate from there?

Cheers

Ju123

4. Re: Westin, Avis and up to Boeing on a Friday.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2012, 22:17