We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for two night stay - inexpensive, comfortable, no...

Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
804 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for two night stay - inexpensive, comfortable, no...

Hi folks! I'll be in Seattle for a convention in early March. However, I'm coming in two days early to see the sights.

I'll be paying for these nights on my own (as opposed to the convention which is paid for by my company) so I'm looking for something relatively inexpensive, but still comfortable. I'd like to be under $100 if possible.

I won't have a car so I'd like to be either near tourist attractions and/or public transportation.

I don't need a fancy place as it is just a place to sleep, however, I definitely want more than a Motel 6. The most important thing is a comfortable bed. :-) Maybe something like a Hampton Inn.

Anyway - any and all recommendations welcome! Oh - and any general recommendation on a neighborhood to look in would be welcome. I'm a little nervous of some hotel reviews that mention scary areas at night. Lastly - any tips on things to see/do for a 40something man on his own are also appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

-Michael

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for two night stay - inexpensive, comfortable, no...

Michael: If you do a search for Seattle hotels on this site for under $100, the first one that pops up is the Moore, which has gotten great reviews. The location is excellent; you can walk to most downtown attractions or take the bus.

Buses are free to ride in the downtown core (transit.metrokc.gov/tops/bus/ridefree.html)

Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
804 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for two night stay - inexpensive, comfortable, no...

Lee,

I was looking at The Moore, but from the reviews it seems a bit below what I would like in terms of comfort. Maybe I could up my limit to $150 per night? :-)

Thanks!

-Michael

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,305 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for two night stay - inexpensive, comfortable, no...

look at roomsaver.com. The ones close by are the sixth avenue Inn which is very convenient. The other downtown centrally located hotels are Ramada Inn, Days Inn, and LaQuinta. Those are all walkable. You might also look at the Hampton Inn or Comfort Suites by the Space Needle. Also look at Hotwire or even try Priceline. Even though they don't tell you which hotels they are all pretty good. I'd rather get a $60 room thru them then a $60 motel somewhere. Anywhere in the downtown core you won't go wrong. Roomsaver won't reserve rooms, but if you call them direct they can give you a good idea if they will honor the coupon.

nowhere
Level Contributor
276 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for two night stay - inexpensive, comfortable, no...

We had good results booking through seattlesupersaver.com which seems to have better prices than some of the national sites. Last time we used that service, we stayed at the Best Western Executive Inn, which was actually quite nice for the price. Clean and comfortable, free shuttle dropoff around the area, very near the space needle, walkable (if you're in good walking shape) to most downtown attractions like the Market, just a couple of blocks from the free-bus zone.