We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation from airport to amtrak station

Destin, Florida
Level Contributor
57 posts
144 reviews
transportation from airport to amtrak station

We are considering flying from Juneau to Seattle on Alaska Air and then taking the Amtrak train from Seattle to Vancouver where we board the Holland America Line for an Inside Passage Cruise in September. Do you have any recommendations for transportation from the airport in Seattle to a hotel close to Amtrak station (preferably with a shuttle to the train station?) If I read it correctly, the only train goes out around 7:45am so we would have to fly in to Seattle the night before. Still a bargain compared to the $600pp one way flight from Juneau to Vancouver.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
338 posts
70 reviews
1. Re: transportation from airport to amtrak station

If you want to stay close to the train station, consider the Best Western Pioneer Square. Well reviewed and short cab ride (about 6 blocks) from Amtrak station.

To get from the airport to Pioneer Square, your options are:

Taxi $28 - 32

On Call Limo $30

Shuttle Express Zone B: 2 people for $21

Bus Route #194 Express or Route #174: $1.25 (Off Peak) - $1.75 (Peak)

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
20,289 posts
112 reviews
2. Re: transportation from airport to amtrak station

I think it would be way easier and cheaper to stay near the airport then take the limo idea to Amtrak. The other option is to stay anywhere downtown and the cab ride would be very reasonable. Kind of depends on how much you want to spend. You will enjoy the ride on the train. Also be aware that Quick shuttle runs a bus from Sea Tac and from downtown direct to the Vancouver cruise terminals. I've taken it, but its no where as nice as sitting on the train, but venture it as another option.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: transportation from airport to amtrak station

...and sometimes the train breaks down, or the rails are washed out, or whatever...and Amtrak puts you on a bus to Vancouver anyway.

This happens more frequently in the winter, though, less likely during cruiseboat season.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
20,289 posts
112 reviews
4. Re: transportation from airport to amtrak station

since the train originates in Seattle its seldom 'late', but the washout scenario has happened but not during summer.

Destin, Florida
Level Contributor
57 posts
144 reviews
5. Re: transportation from airport to amtrak station

wow. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate all this pertinent info. I hope sometime I can offer you some information that is as valuable. I'm sure we'll be talking again soon. We are planning to start booking the majority of our summer trip next week. Thanks so much.

Utah
2 posts
1 review
6. Re: transportation from airport to amtrak station

All the postings in this category are somewhat dated. Does anyone know if this information is still relevant 2 years later? I am planning on flying into Seattle in October for Thanksgiving. Airfare to Vancouver, BC is quite expensive so opted to go only to Seattle and then riding Amtrak the rest of the way. So I need to get from SEATAC to the Amtrak station and then into Vancouver. Thanks!

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
20,289 posts
112 reviews
7. Re: transportation from airport to amtrak station

I realize your new but its way easier to post a new question then to resurrect something from 2006.

I can help you. If you click on my name and look at inside pages you will see an article called Getting to Vancouver Cruises from Seattle. Also see trips to Vanc and Victoria and arriving and departing.

In a nutshell there is only one Amtrak train a day going north but that leaves in the am. In October or about then Amtrak is supposed to be scheduling another train that leaves Seattle around 6 pm. You need to check to see if that is going to happen. In the meantime there are buses.

I've outlined all the options online so I don't want to retype the whole thing, but you can take the airporter bus into Seattle and they will bring you to Amtrak for another $3. You can also take quickshuttle from seatac direct to Vancover. If find they stop alot and if you do a search for quickshuttle on this or Vancouver forum you will see some pretty horrific tales of woe so be forewarned. Hope this helps

Utah
2 posts
1 review
8. Re: transportation from airport to amtrak station

Thanks for the info David. I will check out your inside pages.

lake arrowhead ca
1 post
9. Re: transportation from airport to amtrak station

I need transportation from sea-tac airport to Amtrak Station. What do you recommend ?

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
20,289 posts
112 reviews
10. Re: transportation from airport to amtrak station

the answer depends on the time of day, how many people, and do you have lots of luggage?

You can take the bus which will get you very close to the Amtrak station. It goes right from baggage claim #194.

Shuttleexpress.com

Cab will be $40

Towncar about $45

You could take the airporter to the first hotel then cab. $11 for bus $7-8 max for the cab.