We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant choices near the Moore Theatre

birmingham uk
Level Contributor
638 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
restaurant choices near the Moore Theatre

We are looking for something not expensive, but nice near the theatre.

Any food type welcome.

Where would you go and why?

Thanks again

L

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
10,136 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurant choices near the Moore Theatre

Define expensive.

Seattle
Level Contributor
46,548 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurant choices near the Moore Theatre

Long's Provincial (vietnamese)

Wann's (japanese)

Serious Pie (pizza by Tom Douglas)

Wild Ginger (pan asian)

Assagio's (italian)

...are all good and within a couple blocks of the theater

suze

birmingham uk
Level Contributor
638 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurant choices near the Moore Theatre

Expensive to me is more than £20 for a main course. _ think that is about $30?

Ideally would want to be fed and watered for two people for about $60- couple of beers/ glass of pop.

Issaquah, Washington
Level Contributor
537 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurant choices near the Moore Theatre

Last time I saw a show at the Moore I went to The Coterie Room and enjoyed it tremendously. The entrees are in your price range but it would be more than $60 with drinks, tax, and tip. The food is excellent.

http://www.thecoterieroom.com/

You're also close to Serious Pie, Dahlia Lounge, and Lola which are all Tom Douglas Restaurant. Serious Pie is just in the next block but is very busy so it depends on the time you're dining whether you can get in or not without a long wait. I like the food there but it's certainly not a traditional pizza.

seattle
Level Contributor
1,257 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurant choices near the Moore Theatre

I don't think any of the Tom Douglas restaurants ( except Serious Pie) are in your price range. Remember on top of the menu price there is a 9% sales tax and tipping of at least 15%. Dragonfish on Pine, opposite the Paragon Theatre is a most pleasant Pan-Asian restaurant, nice setting, not expensive.

Edited: 28 February 2012, 04:34
Washington state
Level Contributor
11 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurant choices near the Moore Theatre

I'd say Long Provincial fits the description the best. I like it a lot. Would definitely recommend the Long Provincial or Tamarind Tree roll, seafood crepe, braised pork & coconut. The menu is big, and there is probably a lot more good stuff.

Wann for happy hour is a good deal, but I've had some major issues with service there. If you walk a block or so over, you have Umi with their happy hour... if you can get a seat.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,654 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurant choices near the Moore Theatre

Also look at a french restaurant, Le Pichet, which is just a few blocks away near 1st & Virginia. Here's a link to their menus: http://lepichetseattle.com/menus/

Seattle
Level Contributor
46,548 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: restaurant choices near the Moore Theatre

Virgina Inn, next door to Le Pichet. Also Bacco on that same street. These are casual places I think of more for lunch-time, but they'd work for what you request.

I agree the Tom Douglas restaurants are more expensive than desired here.

9. Re: restaurant choices near the Moore Theatre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 01:16