We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting to Seattle from SeaTac

nrl
IL
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
getting to Seattle from SeaTac

I will be flying into SeaTac and will need to get to downtown Seattle. What is the best way to do that? The catch is that I have a bad back and prefer not to walk any farther that necessary to transportation. Thanks for your help.

Seattle, USA
Level Contributor
14 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting to Seattle from SeaTac

You could take Seattle Light Rail from SeaTac to downtown. It's fast, easy and reasonably priced. However, the walk from the airport terminal to the place where you catch the Light Rail is about 1/4 mile.

Another option would be to take a taxi, which would cost about $35.00

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,295 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting to Seattle from SeaTac

<prefer not to walk any farther that necessary to transportation>

Then you need to take a taxi. I think fares are a little bit higher than mentioned above though (I'd allow more like $40-45).

suze

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting to Seattle from SeaTac

If you have a bad back you may want to use Stila Towncar. Stila and Yellow cab are both at the airport. When I was at Seatac 2 weeks ago, Stila was $45. A taxi is about the same price. The advantage to the towncar is that you call them from baggage claim when you're ready ... they drive over from the garage and pick you up at the curb. The taxi line is in the parking garage.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
942 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: getting to Seattle from SeaTac

The light rail station is about 1100 feet from the airport exit, if you can manage that. It will get you to downtown Seattle for $2.75 a person and will put you basically anywhere on 3rd Ave from Yesler to Pine. From there, most hotels are within a short walk.

If that's not an option, there are cabs that you can take that will be at least $35. From downtown Seattle to the Airport, it's a flat $32. There is also a big bus airporter service that does hotel pick up and drop off.

www.downtownairporter.com/service-schedule

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,295 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: getting to Seattle from SeaTac

The Downtownairporter is a good idea. It's a large bus and picks up from baggage claim (like the towncars do), so less walking than going out to the taxi line in the parking garage, or even further to the Light Rail station.

suze

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
66 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: getting to Seattle from SeaTac

How to I get to Hotel Five, 2200 Fith Avenue from the airport.

we have a party of 6

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: getting to Seattle from SeaTac

when you get into the taxi tell the driver your address

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
942 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: getting to Seattle from SeaTac

...Or you catch light rail from the airport at half the price. $16 will get you to Westlake on the LINK. From there, walk three blocks north on 5th Ave.

9. Re: getting to Seattle from SeaTac

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 22:17