We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

public transport from Sea-Tac airport to Hotel 5 in Fifth Av

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
66 posts
175 reviews
Save Topic
public transport from Sea-Tac airport to Hotel 5 in Fifth Av

Our party of 6 will be arriving in Seattle on 10 July 2012 at 7.05pm

Is there public transport from Sea-Tac airport to Hotel 5 in Fifth Avenue?

Or any other suggestions how we can get to the hotel?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,961 posts
916 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: public transport from Sea-Tac airport to Hotel 5 in Fifth Av

take the light rail

soundtransit.org/Rider-Guide/Popular-destina…

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,306 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: public transport from Sea-Tac airport to Hotel 5 in Fifth Av

you could book

shuttleexpress.com

as a private charter or take their airporter to the Westin and its about a 3 block walk to the Ramada. You can also arrange a Stila limo at Seatac. Some will hold six. I think the private transfer is the best suggestion.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
946 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: public transport from Sea-Tac airport to Hotel 5 in Fifth Av

You can also save yourself a couple bucks and take the light rail. Here's directions from Google Maps: http://g.co/maps/vjke9

6 fares on transit is $16.50. 6 fares on Shuttle Express is $59, normally, but if you ask for a quote it comes out $77 on their website. The Downtown Airporter is $59. www.downtownairporter.com/service-schedule

Your choice. :)

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: public transport from Sea-Tac airport to Hotel 5 in Fifth Av

read the top question

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,306 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: public transport from Sea-Tac airport to Hotel 5 in Fifth Av

public transport will only work if you accept the hassles of hauling luggage and finding your way to the hotel dragging suitcases a few blocks form the train exit. Otherwise I think you have the options.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
946 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: public transport from Sea-Tac airport to Hotel 5 in Fifth Av

For the record, the OP asked about public transit first and if they are from Singapore, then they are also used to public transit to being with. Seattle isn't as good as Singapore, sure, but it's also not that difficult if you try it. I think that as locals we should do our best to answer the questions as presented before offering up alternatives. They can decide on that information whether they are up for the "hassle" involved in not paying for the most expensive option to get from the airport to downtown or not.

Personally, I would walk 3 blocks and use transit (If you do take the light rail, you can get off at Westlake and walk from there. The hotel is 3 blocks north on 5th Ave. During this time of the year, it will still be plenty bright on the street at 8-830 when you make it down there).

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,306 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: public transport from Sea-Tac airport to Hotel 5 in Fifth Av

Seatte flyer, while I may agree with answering the question asked is important out of town people are looking for a realistic assesment of their plans. Part of giving advice is the practicality of the plan.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
946 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: public transport from Sea-Tac airport to Hotel 5 in Fifth Av

I agree. I think it's perfectly realistic to use transit in Seattle to and from the airport and an extremely competitive choice for most people. I've done it plenty of times and it's just not that bad. Walking three blocks is not a deal breaker for a normal person and nor should a transfer between the LINK and a bus be. The usual barriers to using transportation in a new city (especially bus) is unfamiliarity with the system. I think that TripAdvisor should be a place where that knowledge is imparted so people don't feel that their choices are between an "impossible" bus system and paying for the most expensive transportation option from the airport. This is doubly so when they actually *ask* for advice on how to use the bus system

Edited: 16 May 2012, 03:36
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
66 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: public transport from Sea-Tac airport to Hotel 5 in Fifth Av

Do I need to book the shuttle in advance, You are right, their webpage indicates $77.00 - so if I book in advance using my credit card, I will have to pay $77.00.

Is there an alternative

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,306 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: public transport from Sea-Tac airport to Hotel 5 in Fifth Av

If you want an 'exclusive' van yes you have to book in advance. I really don't understand your question. All options have been listed for you already.