We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to meet

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
121 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Where to meet

Hi I am coming to Seattle for an Alaskan cruise and will be spending a day before and 2 days after the cruise.

While in Seattle ill be meeting up with a friend of a friend. She lives outside Seattle and doesn't come to the city much, so we are both not to sure on where to meet. We will be meeting up on a Sunday anytime from late morning onwards.depends on how well we get along will depend on how much time we spend together :)

Ill be staying on Madison st so i suppose we could meet at our hotel first but not sure on where to go from there. She hasn't been in the city much either so wouldn't mind doing some sightseeing. We will be car less and mostly be heading out on foot.

I know this is a bit vague but i have no idea of where to start. Any ideas

Renton, WA
Level Contributor
3,921 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to meet

Pike Place Market, at the pig (large metal animal with kids crawling all over it at corner of Pike Street and Pike Place).

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
121 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to meet

Is it quite easy to find. We were thinking of meeting there but as we are stranger by sight we were concerned we wouldn't be able to find each other amongst a sea of strangers

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
9,085 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to meet

The pig is easy to find, it's just in front of the throwing fish. But if you have trouble you can ask any vendor.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
942 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to meet

How about Cafe D'Arte on 2nd and Stewart? Coffee is decent and although it's very close to the Market, it usually doesn't have too many people in there at any given time. Plus, if she is parking in Seattle and not used to it, there are more parking options in the Belltown area than in the downtown core.

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,295 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to meet

Where on Madison Street are you staying? Downtown? Or up on Capitol Hill?

If you're downtown, I think meeting in your hotel lobby would be easiest. Then go out on foot to Pike Place Market &/or Pioneer Square &/or Waterfront.

Or maybe do something like the Seattle Art Museum, to give you a focus. There's a cafe right there (at the art museum) that would be good.

suze

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,101 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to meet

Hi Firefly_Nellie,

Why don't you meet on the 1st floor of the downtown Nordstrom? That way, if one or the other is late, you can shop/wander. There are benches to wait, or you can relax and enjoy a cup of coffee in Nordy's e-bar. Your friend-of-a-friend can park across the street in the Pacific Place garage. It is easy to access from the freeway, just off 6th, particularly for someone not used to the city. Or...if your friend is really unsure of driving/parking use the Nordstrom Valet. (a very good value).

From Nordstrom, you are in the heart of the downtown retail core and you can walk or hop the free bus to most attractions.

7. Re: Where to meet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 02:41