We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendations for downtown seattle?

East Greenwich...
Level Contributor
49 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel recommendations for downtown seattle?

I am coming to seattle the third week in july and would like some recommendations for a nice but reasonably hotel downtown (i would like to be under $300/night) also we plan on renting a car after a few days in seattle to venture to other locations, is a car necessary while we are staying in seattle and don't most hotels charge for parking anyway? We are traveling to the falls and also mt rainier area. Thank you for help in advance!

Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,732 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recommendations for downtown seattle?

I'd feel comfortable using hotwire.com and using them to get a 4 star in the Pike Place zone. You'd be fine with any of the hotels they use. If you read on top right 'where to stay in Seattle?' you'll get an overview of downtown. Sheraton, Hyatt, Westin, Mayflower Park, Warwick are perennial favorites but there are many others equally convenient. Red Lion and some other come to mind. Once you settle on one then ask and we can advise.

A car really isn't necessary right away and you will pay a lot for parking since there is a 9.5% sales tax and a 12.5% parking tax. Not all parking lots include the tax when quoting a fee so double check.

Level Contributor
37,194 posts
954 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recommendations for downtown seattle?

We love to stay at The Fairmont Olympic in downtown Seattle. This is a beautiful hotel with many nice amenities and first-class service. They offer an excellent town car service for nearby Seattle attractions.

Enjoy your time in Seattle! :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel recommendations for downtown seattle?

My son and I spent a night at The W a few weeks ago: good location, nice rooms, excellent fitness center, and cool, cosmopolitan restaurant, sushi bar & lounge just off the reception area. It also has a service to shuttle/drive you around town, though I believe they use an Acura MDX instead of a Town Car. ;-) So yes, you could probably save yourselves some bucks, and do without the rental while there. I recall we paid around $35 to park for the night.

Edited: 02 July 2012, 16:52
4. Re: Hotel recommendations for downtown seattle?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 22:46