We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel options that are not downtown

Tempe, Arizona
6 posts
Save Topic
Hotel options that are not downtown

Hello! We will be staying two nights at the Vintage Park Hotel downtown. I would also like to spend a few nights outside of downtown. Maybe a nearby town that is more relaxed with a view of the water? Any ideas for hotels or areas to consider? Thanks!

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,570 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel options that are not downtown

Will you have a rental car?

How far are you willing to go/drive?

What's your lodging budget?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
542 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel options that are not downtown

Not sure what you're looking for, or how far out of town, but a few nearby ideas: Salish Lodge (Snoqualmie Falls); Willows Lodge (Woodinville wineries - no water); Woodmark Hotel in Kirkland (east side of Lake Washington, view of the water, but not really walking distance to downtown Kirkland which is kind of quaint...maybe an overnight, not someplace I'd suggest for several days). If you want to venture a bit farther, perhaps somewhere in the San Juan Islands, or the Inn at Langley on Whidbey Island?

Tempe, Arizona
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel options that are not downtown

Thank you. I have the two nights downtown paid for by my work. Not sure where I want to stay with my own money. Still deciding if we are getting a rental car or not. Might just add a few more nights downtown. Was thinking of staying somewhere near the water, but might just take a ferry one day instead.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
6,559 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel options that are not downtown

With a car, you could stay at the Silver Cloud (excellent local chain) in Mukilteo, which is built on piling over the water, and located steps away from the Mukilteo ferry terminal. The Mukilteo ferry goes to Whidbey Island, on which are several very picturesque villages and a couple of dynamite State parks, including Deception Pass, an awesome channel between Whidbey and Fidalgo Islands.

Mukilteo also has a very cute lighthouse, a good walking beach, and a branch of the local seafood chain, Ivar's, which offers fairly decent food along with a killer view. It's also five minutes from the Boeing factory tour and Future of Flight center - fascinating tour and the biggest building in the world. Mukilteo is around 25 min. from downtown Seattle.

You'd probably save enough staying at the Silver Cloud for a couple of days to pay for the car.

http://www.silvercloud.com/mukilteo/

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,289 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel options that are not downtown

the Mukilteo hotel mentioned is nice as is the Watermark in Kirkland on the water. Without knowing a budget its a stab in the dark offering hotel suggestions.

6. Re: Hotel options that are not downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 05:47