We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
170 posts
163 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. My husband and I had a great trip to Seattle. We arrived June 12th and took the light rail and then the monorail. We stayed at the Best Western Executive Inn. It is an easy location to use public transportation and easy walk to many places. We took the Victoria Clipper to San Juan Island for 3 days. I would recommend the Clipper- it was a pleasant experience and the way there the weather was not good, but we still had a good crossing. We returned to Seattle on a Friday night and back to the Best Western. I was able to do our laundry there and have dinner and drins in the bar. That was very convenient.

We went to the Solstice parade in Fremont and what a different experience. We always try to find something local to do. This was a great pick! We also went to several tourist attractions over the next few days. The PikePlace Market was a favorite and we skipped the Space Needle in favor of the Smith tower. I think we made the right choice. It is a much better price and no crowds at all. Riding the elevator was also really cool.

We went with northwest tours to Mt. Rainier and that was one of our most memorable days. Our guide made the day.

We also decided at the last minute to go to the locks in Ballard. I am so glad we did that. It was definitely a highlight of our trip. Give yourself at least a couple hours. My husband is a big Henedrix fan so our last day we rented a car to go to Renton to visit the grave site. He wouldn't have missed it. If you are a fan-go. It is impressive.

The people are friendly and the weather is cool. Bring a light raincoat and a sweatshirt-you will be ready for everyday!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report

Hi swmom!

Thanks for the tripreport! Glad to hear you had a good time.

Certainly attending the Fremont Solstice Parade is about as different, and as local as you can get! Quite an eye opener (or closer, depending on who is going by).

*And* you managed to visit Rainier, Ballard Locks and Hendrix sites!

BTW, right after you left it finally warmed up. Today it's a scorching 72 degrees!

-Karl

2. Re: Trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2013, 05:46