We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining in Seattle

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
30 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Dining in Seattle

My husband and I will be in Seattle for four nights in April. We're staying at the Hotel Sorrento. I would appreciate some great dining suggestions in the area.

High-end restaurant: Above $20 for entree

Moderate priced: Below $20 for entree

Thanks so much!

Quilcene, Wa
Level Contributor
178 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining in Seattle

High End: Steak- Metropaliton Grill ( my favorite)

Seafood- Anthony's Pier 66 ( great view)

Moderate: 13 Coins(open 24 hrs). Seattle icon restaurant for

years. Steak, Seafood & Pasta.

Seafood: Mccorrmick & Schmick's (1st ave.)

Elliott's Oyster House (Pier 56)

Cutters Bay House ( near Pike St Market)

Great Brew Pubs: Pike Street Ale"s( inside the market)

Pyramid Ale House (across from Safco Field)

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
467 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining in Seattle

High-end pricing : I would second Metropolitan Grill. They have pictures of celebrities on the wall that have visited this restaurant.

In addition, dining at the Space Needle is quite the experience.

Moderate pricing: I would second Elliott's on the waterfront. They have great salmon.

And I love Wild Ginger on 3rd. It has pan-Asian gourmet food, and the prices are moderate. As well, Wild Ginger is across the street from the Seattle Symphony.

There are some good restaurants at Pacific Place.

pacificplaceseattle.com/restaurants/index.ht…

Il Fornaio is an Italian restaurant. And I recently tried the "Mexico" restaurant on the top floor. They had really good fajitas for two at at moderate price.

Nordstrom Cafe on the 4th floor is good if you want to pick up a sandwich for lunch or a light dinner.

Sincerely,

Diana

Seattle
Level Contributor
386 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining in Seattle

Sorry, but I have to disagree with QuilBill -- Don't bother with 13 Coins. I've eaten there quite a few times and have ALWAYS felt overcharged. It's old and dark and nothing special. There are so many better restaurants.

Maximilien in the Market has a spectacular view of Elliott Bay and the Olympic Mtns. It's romantic and French but not stuffy at all. Great happy hour menu, and you can always order from the lounge menu upstairs. Here's a link: http://www.maximilienrestaurant.com/

Coastal Kitchen is a slightly quirky seafood restaurant on Capitol Hill with a menu that changes quarterly. Any of its sister restaurants would also be a good choice. They all have their own personalities. http://www.chowfoods.com/CoastalKitchen.asp

Flying fish is one of the most popular restaurants around. You can order a small plate, a large plate or a platter. Interesting food, too.

http://www.flyingfishseattle.com/

He's right about Pyramid -- great pub grub.

For waterfront seafood, try Chinook's or Anthony's for their huge menus. Both also have fish and chip takeout counters. www.anthonys.com/restaurants/info/pier66.html

Or Ray's Boathouse www.rays.com

For a true Seattle experience, buy a couple orders of fries from Ivar's Fish Bar (just north of the ferry terminal) and feed the seagulls right out of your hand. Or feed yourself -- the fish and chips are quite good.

Quilcene, Wa
Level Contributor
178 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining in Seattle

The reason I suggested the 13 Coins is that TarheelTraveler said dining suggestions and I figured they would still be on east coast time and try to get a good breakfast in this town at 5:00am when they will feel like it's 8:00am or any food late after midnite. I failed to say this in my last post.

Seattle
Level Contributor
46 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dining in Seattle

TarheelTraveler-- I wanted to pop in here and offer my two cents on restaurants.

I also vote for:

-Metropolitan Grill (good steaks)

-El Gaucho (also good steaks, different ambience than the Met)

-Flying Fish (trendy atmosphere)

-Palisade (for a great view of the city and water)

-Chandler's Crabhouse (on Lake Union, seafood)

More moderately priced restaurants:

-Wild Ginger (pan-asian.. cool restaurant)

-Icon Grill (fun restaurant.. decorated with Dale Chihuly glass.. good northwest food)

-Palace Kitchen (again, good food by renowned Seattle chef Tom Douglas)

One of my personal favorites is Zoe on Second Avenue in Belltown. The restaurant is small, more intimate, yummy food and pleasant atmosphere.

By the way, the Sorrento Hotel is such a lovely place!

Seattle
Level Contributor
46 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dining in Seattle

Tarheel-- By the way (sorry to hijack your dining post here) but I was curious why you didn't choose the Wedgewood Hotel.. over the Four Seasons or the Fairmont.

The reason I ask is - I'm trying to decide where to stay.. and everyone seems to suggest the Wedgewood. Even tripadvisor rates it #1.. so I wonder if I should try it. What are your thoughts?

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
30 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dining in Seattle

Thank you to all of you. Your suggestions are great, and it appears you have many in common.

I also forgot to say it will also be our third wedding anniversary on one of those nights. That was by chance.

I cannot wait to try some of these.

Lunchtime,

I'll go back to Vancouver and respond to you regarding my choices. You will kind of laugh. :)

Oxnard, California
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dining in Seattle

For the Best Steak in town, try "Daniel's Broiler" located just north of the Space Needle. What ambiance and a great view. We are from Southern California and travel with frequency. We now use Daniel's Broiler as a benchmark for great steaks.

bobby and sharon

Anchorage
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Dining in Seattle

My girlfriend and I are going to be in town for a weekend in March and would like to go to dinner one night at the current "IT" place, any suggestions? We are looking to get dressed up a bit and pay about $20-$30 for dinner.

SEATTLE
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Dining in Seattle

For your anniversary, I would highly recommend Matt's at the Market. It is tiny and although it is right next to the Pike Market, it is still out of the way, and definately local. Every time that we visit, the food is wonderful...this place totaly deserves the #1 ranking.

If you like Greek food: Panos Kleftiko is on 5th ave, between Roy and Valley - just north of Seattle Center (the Space Noodle)

It is tiny (well worth any wait) and consistently well executed. If there is a wait, I suggest heading next door to the Great Nabob for a glass of wine. They poor a huge glass for about $7.00 Yum!

My husband and I dined at the Hunt Club in the Sorrento, and though it was pretty, we felt that the meal wasn't the best in the city. It wasn't the worst, but I wouldn't really recommend it.

Cheap eats that are delicous and affordable:

Bakeman's: the BEST turkey sandwiches in the world!

The 5th ave Cafe: Chicken dumpling soup - mmmm!

There is an amazing mexican spot between the Pike Market and the waterfront. I can't think of what it is called. You want to be on Western Av (below the market) and head down the stars between Kasala and the Spanish Table. It is halfway down on the right.

ENJOY