We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

seattle without a car.

Gilroy, California
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
seattle without a car.

Iwant to visit a few palces in town,the ballard locks, space needle,pikeplace and other downtown locations. I will be arriving by ferry from bainbridge island, and have only 1 day. I want free, or cheap transportation. dt

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,061 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: seattle without a car.

suggest you read on top right. One day itinerary without a car. It covers most of what you want except for the locks. Once your on the waterfront the route 99 is a free bus but any bus in the downtown core is free. If you take the 99 it will take you right to the market.

Gilroy, California
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: seattle without a car.

Thanks for the help!

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: seattle without a car.

The Space Needle is out of the downtown core, so you'd need to walk up there for it to be free. Same with the Locks.

Bus rides are $2.50 and you should have exact change. If you can, get an ORCA card and put some money on it for your bus fares. That way you can transfer between buses without paying for the second ride. They don't sell them on buses, so do some looking and figure out where you can get one. I know they can be mail ordered if you have time.

Gilroy, California
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: seattle without a car.

good information, thanks.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
945 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: seattle without a car.

The only free transportation in Seattle is going to be your feet. Otherwise, you'll need to use the bus. Ask for a transfer and you can ride for up to two hours for free. For directions, I would advise you to check out Google Maps. Walk downtown to the Pike Place Market, do that and then head up to 3rd Ave. Ask the bus driver if they head to the Seattle Center (most, but not all do and it's not worth listing off all the possible numbers. Any trolley bus will work), hit the needle, then walk over to 1st Ave and hop the #18 (or #15, connecting to #17) to get to the Locks. Check the schedule on Google Maps or metro.kingcounty.gov

6. Re: seattle without a car.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2013, 06:17