We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip Hotel?

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
dallas
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip Hotel?

Will be arriving for first time visit 7-26 9 a.m. , leaving 7-29 9 a.m. We definitely want to do a scenic drive. Anacortes was highly recommended by friends. Of course Pikes Market and other downtown places. My question is, should we book a hotel exclusively in Seattle or maybe one night in Anacortes. I understand it's only an 1.5 hour to 2 hour drive. But we do like to pull off the road and take pictures, wander in interesting places.

The other question: Boyfirend wants to go to air museum. I've been to many with him. I'm good for about 45 minutes and he will want to spend hours. Is there anything nearby - shopping, intertesting places - I could slip off to? We will have a car. Thanks for any help.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip Hotel?

Personally I would book a hotel up in the Anacortes or Whidbey Island area. Traffic on I5 can be a bear. Enjoy that area, check out Deception Pass and some of that local flavor. You could say on Whidbey and then hop the ferry back to the main land the next morning.

Boeing has an air museum:

http://www.museumofflight.org/visit

Edited: 18 July 2012, 01:18
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip Hotel?

I also found this:

www.flyingheritage.com/TemplateMap.aspx…

If you take the Mukilteo Ferry from Whidbey you land in teh Evertt area and you could swing by this one on the way back to Seattle.

3. Re: Day trip Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2013, 05:16