We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So excited

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
So excited

Got my dates for our trip to Seattle, just wondering how we are going to fit everything in.

We arrive for our four night stay Thursday 13th Sept, seems so strange that we will set off from the UK at 15.10 and arrive in Seattle at 16.40 same day (can you tell this is my first long haul flight?). We are staying at The Fairmont

We have a pass for Chihuly Glass and Gardens, a voucher for a meal at The Space Needle and also passes to Top Six Attractions, I like the sound of Aquarium, Harbour Tour and EMP for my top ones- any advice?

I know we will visit Pike Place Market, I'm not really interested in doing any shopping unless there is somewhere that sells Levi Jeans for Mark (my OH)because we want to see as much of the city as we can.

We love eating out, Mark really wants to try a good American steak.

I have looked at loads of posts on the forum and it has given me good ideas of where we want to go its just time scales and distances and any other recommendations that anyone could give on anything I've mentioned will be greatly appreciated

Thank You

Karen

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,150 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: So excited

You guys are doing a great job with the Olympics! How long are you staying? Are you interested in renting a car and visiting some of our fabulous sights outside the City? If so do you want to consider staying a couple of nights in the countryside? You will like the Fairmont. My favorite place for steak is the Metropolitan Grill. Expensive, but they do everything well. You can see their menu online.

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: So excited

Thank you, USA are doing really well on the medal table.

We arrive in Seattle on Thursday, late afternoon for four nights, if we were there longer I would love to see so much more.

Thanks for the recomendation, Mark will be 50 the end of September so we might 'push the boat out' a bit

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,150 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: So excited

I would try and stay longer if you can and are interested in seeing more of the area. The great thing for me about Seattle is besides being a lovely city is what surrounds it. It is the reason I moved here 33 years ago. If you do not mind driving on the wrong side of the road, even a one day venture. Outside of the city would be worth the experience IMO!

Sounds like you are going on a cruise.

Edited: 04 August 2012, 20:56
Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: So excited

Thanks, We aren't going on a cruise although I would love that,

We won the trip with our local radio station, first time I have ever won anything and what a prize to win - a once in a life time opportunity that we intend to make the most of :)

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,150 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: So excited

Good for you congratulations! I am really happy for you. We will all be happy to help you make the most of your visit. Since I am assuming your hotel (do you know where your staying) is paid for you are not going to want to stay outside of Seattle. You still may want to consider a day trip to Mt. Rainier or Whidbey Island by car. Or May be a Victoria Clipper ride to the San Juan Islands. Greyline Tours is another option if you do not want to drive. Look up what they have to offer along with the Victoria Clipper.

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: So excited

Awww thank you, that is so nice of you, we are staying at The Fairmont, Driving is a bit of a problem as I have not driven for over 10yrs and my husband had a stoke 3 yrs ago so is unable to drive. I have looked at a coach trip to Mt Rainier and I absolutely love the sea so ferry rides etc I'm in my element

Thank You so much for your replies

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,150 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: So excited

My pleasure. I just watched the 10,000 meter race. Britain USA 1 and 2! Great race!! Get back to us and people will have lots of suggestions. Fairmont is a great hotel!

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: So excited

Thanks again, today has been a great day for Team GB football now, we always lose on penalties lol, many thanks for yout posts :)

If anyone could give me recommendations on The top six attractions and the ones they think are the best to visit or anything else I would really appreciate it

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: So excited

Well, Kallee, I have good news and bad news. The bad news, alas, is that Seattle is far from a great steak town. For a really great American steak you want to be in New York or the American Midwest. There is definitely tasty steak in Seattle, but the real food action is locally sourced fish, vegetables, pork, mushrooms, fruit, wine, and grass fed beef in dishes other than steak. The good news is that Seattle is a wonderful food town, and you should try for some of its marvelous signature restaurants. If you search this forum you will find many recommendations. Pay particular attention to posts by Klsalas, who follows the restaurant scene closely.

For a special Seattle attraction, visit the Ballard Locks. The Locks themselves are interesting and beautiful, but there is also a window to view migrating fish. Ballard is a fascinating neighborhood that retains elements of old Seattle such as marine industries and new Seattle, a place of bike trails and neighborhood restaurants. If you like to walk, it's a great place to soak up local color, and there are wonderful restaurants like The Walrus and the Carpenter, Golden Beetle, and Staple and Fancy.

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: So excited

Aww thanks kalberg, I'm pleased you said Ballard Locks, is that where the 'fish ladder' is thats another place I would like to see, is it easy to get to by foot or bus

I really can't wait to see this brilliant city, my first ever trip to America, I'll look out for Klsalas recommendations I really like sea food and would love to try clam chowder., We do have a voucher for a meal at Space Needle too, what time would you recommend we use it and how long before do we have to reserve.

Thanks again I really do appreciate all replies :)