We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea-Tac airport to Kerry Park with Toddler

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sea-Tac airport to Kerry Park with Toddler

We're going to Seattle this weekend and wondering what's the best mode of transport from Seattle Tacoma airport to our holiday apartment near Kerry Park. We will be travelling with a 2 1/2 year old and we won't be bringing the car seat with us. Do taxis require us to bring car seats? If yes, then any suggestions on what would be the best alternative mode of transportation if we can't use a taxi?

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea-Tac airport to Kerry Park with Toddler

Probably the best option would be to order a town car, and you can request a car seat. I believe there is a surcharge for that.

Also, check with Shuttle Express, they offer car seats and kids under 17 are free, unfortunately their shared ride service does not go to hotels that are close to Queen Anne, but they do have a limo service.

You can also request a cab with a car seat, but, again, typically in advance.

This article has the transportation information for SEATAC.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60878-s301/Seattle:W…

Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea-Tac airport to Kerry Park with Toddler

IslandGrl, am curious what you mean about "their shared ride service does not go to hotels that are close to Queen Anne, but they do have a limo service" I have used Shuttle Express to go to Queen Anne hotels as well as private residences further out in Ballard and the University District. Don't they still go door to door virtually anywhere in the Seattle Metro area?

Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea-Tac airport to Kerry Park with Toddler

Sorry! Good catch rainbirdreader, you are right, my response was not clear. I shouldn't type before I have had adequate coffee. Yes, you can still book the "shared" ride service with Shuttle Express.

What I should have said the Shuttle Express "scheduled" hotel service does not include hotels in the Queen Anne are - the closest are a couple near the east side of the Seattle Center - Quality Inn or Holiday Inn.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea-Tac airport to Kerry Park with Toddler

RCW 46.61.687(c)(5) exempts from child safety seat requirements (a) For hire vehicles, (b) vehicles designed to transport sixteen or less passengers, including the driver, operated by auto transportation companies, as defined in RCW 81.68.010, (c) vehicles providing customer shuttle service between parking, convention, and hotel facilities, and airport terminals, and (d) school buses.

City ordinances showed no definitive answer about whether a cab driver can refuse to transport a child without a booster seat.

Edited: 14 August 2012, 16:11
Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sea-Tac airport to Kerry Park with Toddler

I am glad you posted the reg klsalas. There is no easy answer and it's a frustrating issue for families. The issue is quite complicated for parents because we have been raised and told the importance of car seats in vehicles, as well the stiff penalties for not using a car seat in a car. The issue gets even more complicated when you bring your own car seat and need to secure/tether the car seat into a taxi or other transit vehicle. Taxis do not always have the right connection points, rendering a car seat useless. And car seats provided by a vendor may have safety or functional issues.

Personally, I am a huge proponent of using a car seat for children when traveling, and, when possible, a car seat that you have either purchased or know the safety of. I have just seen too many funky injuries with kids over my career to compromise, but it's a tough call based on individual situations. It would be nice if there was a national standard, but I think that's a long way off. There are several websites that provide parents with options/information. Here are a couple I like.

travelswithbaby.com/gear/car_seats_alternati…

http://carseat.org/

6. Re: Sea-Tac airport to Kerry Park with Toddler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 22:17