We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone know a decent town car/limo to take us to SeaTac?

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Redmond, WA, USA
Level Contributor
8 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone know a decent town car/limo to take us to SeaTac?

I live in the Seattle area. We are flying out to San Diego. We need to get from our house in Redmond to SeaTac to fly. We have done this at least 5 times for different trips and we have NEVER had a decent town car/limo experience. There are four of us plus luggage so we need an SUV. Have tried 5 different companies and each one has had its own problem.

First one got there 45 minutes late for a flight to Hong Kong. Freaked us out. Second one got lost and spent 20 minutes on the phone trying to find our house with me talking him there.

Third one was both late and lost.

Fourth one called on the phone because he couldn't find us (we are in a condo complex right off a huge intersection and they have all had GPS) and he told me he had been pulled over and was being held by the police a block from our house. Ended up being late for a flight to Auckland.

I have had it. I just want someone who a fellow traveler can tell me they have used to the airport, that can be here on time and and find us. And (don't take this wrong) speak English. None of the above spoke it as their native tongue so talking them into our place was really fun.

Any help would be appreciated. Someone has to have had a good experience.

Jim

Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone know a decent town car/limo to take us to SeaTac?

Have you tried Shuttle Express? I've used them at least 40 times the past 22 years and I've never had a bad experience. The shuttles arrive early or exactly when they predict, they are clean and well maintained and the drivers are exemplary for the most part. I'm pretty car phobic since childhood and I've never felt anything but safe with their vans. I highly recommend them.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone know a decent town car/limo to take us to SeaTac?

shuttle express are competent people

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,510 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone know a decent town car/limo to take us to SeaTac?

your experience mirrors many others. On the cruise forums everyone is looking for a 'deal' but with 1500 town car guys most are a guy and a car and a cell phone. I'd probably stick with the big ones like Shuttle express who has a towncar and limo division. You'll pay more but the reliability factor is there. Its going to hard to fit 4 with luggage into an suv unless its a suburban size one. Try shuttle express or Bayview Limo as they are also an old reliable company. The other suggestion is to call one of the closest hotels to you and ask their bell desk to suggest a limo provider. I generally find the recommendation of hotels to work out pretty good.

Redmond, WA, USA
Level Contributor
8 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone know a decent town car/limo to take us to SeaTac?

Those of you who have recommended Shuttle Express don't get what we are looking for. We want someone who will pick us up at our home and take us directly to the airport and then do the same on the return. I used Shuttle Express exactly once. Between my house in Redmond and SeaTac we made six (count them six) stops to pick up other riders. That is not acceptable.

I can drive from my home to SeaTac in less than 45 minutes. That trip took almost 90. I am willing to pay for a limo/town car to never have that experience again. There has to be a town car company that is reliable, smart and trustworthy.

BTW: I am not looking for a "deal." I am willing to pay a fair price for decent service.

Edited: 08 September 2012, 13:56
Redmond, WA, USA
Level Contributor
8 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone know a decent town car/limo to take us to SeaTac?

Those of you who have recommended Shuttle Express don't get what we are looking for. We want someone who will pick us up at our home and take us directly to the airport and then do the same on the return. I used Shuttle Express exactly once. Between my house in Redmond and SeaTac we made six (count them six) stops to pick up other riders. That is not acceptable.

I can drive from my home to SeaTac in less than 45 minutes. That trip took almost 90. I am willing to pay for a limo/town car to never have that experience again. There has to be a town car company that is reliable, smart and trustworthy.

BTW: I am not looking for a "deal." I am willing to pay a fair price for decent service. I will give Bayview a try. Calling the two local hotels is a great idea.

Edited: 08 September 2012, 13:57
Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
5,886 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone know a decent town car/limo to take us to SeaTac?

I answered this same question on Flyertalk (but not Cruise Critic) but in case you missed it, why not look for a one-day car/SUV rental with an airport drop? It might be a few dollars more than a limo or van (might not - isn't for me from N. Seattle) but there's no issue with timing or directions or tipping or language barriers. You can even have the car agency fill the tank (at their highway robbery per-gallon prices) if the alternative is wandering around Tukwila at 0-dark-thirty looking for cheap gas. What's the additional cost, $5? Measure that against the anxiety you've been experiencing.

Coming back, it's probably less an issue as time isn't so crucial.

Redmond, WA, USA
Level Contributor
8 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone know a decent town car/limo to take us to SeaTac?

Interesting idea. Priced a one way for rental of an SUV/mini van one way from Redmond to SEA. Cost was $106. Average town car company price is around $60. Not sure I want to spend $40 extra but it is an interesting idea.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone know a decent town car/limo to take us to SeaTac?

You wouldn't have to tip the driver... unless you did a particularly good job. That sounds like a good plan. Getting all those people and their luggage to the airport is stressful enough. I have often looked at the shuttle services adn for a lot of people it is just too expensive.

Do you have a friend who will drive you down? We have a few friends with whom we reciprocate airport shuttling, cruise shuttling, etc. For a lot of people or an inconvenient time, we throw in a dinner or some other enticement.

Edited: 08 September 2012, 17:10
Redmond, WA, USA
Level Contributor
8 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone know a decent town car/limo to take us to SeaTac?

I hate it when I hit reply, type a long reply and then it disappears. That just happened so I will repost. If it shows up twice, sorry.

ainwa, that's true about the tip but I drive really well. You have better friends that I do. LOL. We used to have our kids (in their 30s) drive us to the airport but with four of us going to take a 15 day cruise out of San Diego we will all have a big bag plus carry ons so no one in the family or our friends have a car big enough to hold us. That's why we need an RV.

I looked at the rental cars again and found that if I did a pu and return to SEA it is much cheaper. Since we leave on a Friday, I may take my bus pass and take the bus to Seattle and the train to SEA and get the car Thursday evening. Then just return it there on Friday morning.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
5,886 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone know a decent town car/limo to take us to SeaTac?

>> I looked at the rental cars again and found that if I did a pu and return to SEA it is much cheaper. Since we leave on a Friday, I may take my bus pass and take the bus to Seattle and the train to SEA and get the car Thursday evening. Then just return it there on Friday morning. <<

There ya go. Yeah, I looked at Redmond pick-ups and saw the rates were way higher than I pay in N. Seattle for one-ways to the airport. Anybody who says they understand rental car pricing in this market is blowing smoke.