Hi, its great to be part of the TripAdvisor community. I used TA long time ago to plan short trip getaway to countries in my region.
I intend to travel in the second half of June 2013. That's pretty far from now so I'll focus on basics(more detailed planning will be about Q1 next yr). Here are some questions I have.
1) Roughly how long does it take to leisurely cover the attractions in downtown Seattle? Will one full day and 2 half days be enough?
My intended exploration will be mixture of attractions/window shoppings/scenery. For summer days, heard the sun set at 9-10pm so does that means most businesses(other than food)/attractions will also stay open till dark?
Space Needle is included in this and "Boeing™ Assembly Plant/Future of Flight Aviation Center" is excluded from this attraction considerations
2) What's the best way to get to neighborhoods? Thinking of going Queen Anne. Do taxis ply neighborhoods like regular traffics?
3) Is there any recommended guided day tours to Olympic National Park? I am not willing to haul my luggage across town so its pretty much a trip from Seattle. I cant find any for this, only for Mt Rainer.
4) Is it recommended to book Boeing Plant tour via a tour agency(transportation provided) or to book directly with Boeing and take a cab there? Not comfortable taking buses there as I see multiple transfers are required.
For direct booking, roughly how many days in advance should it be booked for June since its a peak summer period?
* i found someone talking about Larrabee State Park for bellingham. However is it advisable considering that I'll need to rely on taxis to get there? I wouldnt want to be stranded in the park if no taxis are available from the park back to town.
6) For domestic US flight, do I have to check in 2 hours in advance too? Will checking in take longer for non US citizens?
I have much more questions but this seems to be my main points for seattle only. Am heading to Portland OR after Seattle and will post in that forum since its not in WA.
PS: Just to give an idea of my intended trip, its a 10 nights trip. 5 days in Seattle, 3 days in Portland. 2 remaining days are undecided - considering Sacremento/San Francisco via Amtrak, Salt Lake City via Alaskan Air, Vancouver via Alaskan Air or add one day each to the two cities. For a traveller that came a long way(i.e USA not commonly visited), appreciate tips on the remaining days.Edited: 24 September 2012, 19:10