We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas dinner/event ideas

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oregon
Level Contributor
362 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas dinner/event ideas

We will be going to Seattle Christmas Eve/Christmas Day and staying at the Moore Hotel close to Pike Market. Four of us, Husband, Myself, Bro and Mom .I had been thinking of The Edgewater for dinner but got sticker shock, especially since dinner is on us this year. $80 each was not in the plan. Any suggestions for traditional dinner or buffet?Doesn't have to be elaborate. Would like to keep it under $45/Each and in walking distance. PIke Market open Christmas Eve? Last couple Christmas's have been pretty dry and really want something very festive and cheery for my elderly mother. Thanks All.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas dinner/event ideas

Unfortunately there are not alot of choices.

Look at Anadaluca at the Mayflower Park Hotel.

Look at the Hunt CLub at the Sorrento Hotel. We had Christmas Eve dinner there last year, lovely, but pricey. Prix fix, depends on what you order. $49-86.

hotelsorrento.com/food-drink/hunt-club-menus/

Here is a list from 2011's Seattle Weekly which has some other ideas.

…seattleweekly.com/voracious/2011/12/seattle…

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,528 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas dinner/event ideas

this is from last yr but you can see the Anduluca at Mayflower Park and the 67 at Edgewater were both listed as great places to have dinner.

…cbslocal.com/2011/…

Mayflower will be much closer to your hotel and the area around Westlake Ctr is very festive at Xmas with carousel and carriage rides. Really nice area to stay. Pike Place Mkt will be pretty quiet xmas eve.

Oregon
Level Contributor
362 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas dinner/event ideas

Mom is really voicing she wants a buffet(she is a dessert maniac)instead of a set dinner. And is preferring a view...Big order. I wanted to avoid getting the car in/out of parking to go further out for buffet choices but this sounds like we may have to and bump up our budget. Thank you for your links and suggestions!

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas dinner/event ideas

Within walking distance and views? Answers provided above, pretty limited.

I'd check out Salty's Restaurant and inquire about their service on that day. Smashing city views, day or night.

Perhaps bite the bullet, get in the car, and drive to Salty's or some other on the water restaurant.

Edited: 05 October 2012, 20:46
Oregon
Level Contributor
362 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas dinner/event ideas

Salty's is closed that day(we have one right by us here too). We just may have to pretend the 23rd(Sunday) is Christmas to get her what she wants!

6. Re: Christmas dinner/event ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 22:18