We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Section of city and specific hotels - seeking advice

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
876 posts
1,078 reviews
Save Topic
Section of city and specific hotels - seeking advice

I haven't been to Seattle in 30 years and look forward to returning late May. I am not up to date on trendy parts of town in which to stay-maybe market, cafes, stores, restaurants- one can walk out the door to---any names? As long as I'm asking, within those districts any specific hotels? I am open to places like the Ace, in Portland, but it doesn't have to be that trendy or the Kimpton brand of hotel. Thank you.

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,104 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Section of city and specific hotels - seeking advice

There is a tremendous amount of information right on this page. Check the left and right margins. Do your research, and the TripAdvisors will do their part.

new york
Level Contributor
876 posts
1,078 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Section of city and specific hotels - seeking advice

OK fair point Can anyone compare and contrast for me the Locations/Neighborhoods of the following (not the hotels themselves):

Inn at the Market

Hotel 1000

Alexis

A tripadvisor traveler may have stayed at only one. He/she may not have ventured even two blocks away. A local, a regular visitor, or a destination expert may offer the best insight here.

thanks

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,104 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Section of city and specific hotels - seeking advice

Inn at the Market is one of the best hotels in the city. It is located right in Pike's Place Market, which makes it convenient to all downtown locations. It is elegant, intimate, and expensive.

The Alexis is a Kimpton Hotel. This chain is noted for hotels with a strong, somewhat funky, character. The last time I inspected rooms at The Alexis, I found them a little in need of refreshing. The Alexis is not in the heart of downtown; it is several blocks down a moderate incline in the direction of Pioneer Square.

I will leave the Hotel 1000 to others.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,659 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Section of city and specific hotels - seeking advice

Hotel 1000 gets great reviews but like the Alexis its not as convenient as the more conventional downtown hotels. Sheraton, Hyatt, Grand hyatt, Westin, the W, Monaco Fairmont Olympic hotel are all right in the midst of everything.

5. Re: Section of city and specific hotels - seeking advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2013, 10:15