We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best fondue in Seattle?

Walla Walla
Level Contributor
439 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best fondue in Seattle?

We are looking for a restaurant that serves really good fondue. And I don't think we are interested in the melting pot restaurant. Thanks!!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best fondue in Seattle?

Since fondue isn't your common visitor destination, you might not get a lot of action here on the forum. I did see lots of discussion about favorite fondue places on yelp.com/seattle though!

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=fondue&find_loc=Seattle%2C+WA

People mention RN74 and the Coterie Room downtown, and Pair in North Seattle. You're right, The Melting Pot got fewer stars in their reviews.

-Karl

Edited: 02 January 2013, 01:32
Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,498 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best fondue in Seattle?

I must send out a caution with respect to RN74. It is very expensive, and I believe, overpriced. The food is excellent in a corporate sort of way, but i found it soulless. The wine list is terrific but, again, overpriced. There are so many wonderful restaurants in Seattle that have much more character and offer much better value.

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
4,575 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best fondue in Seattle?

I eat out a lot and have never seen fondue on a menu here, besides the Melting Pot, where I once went to a birthday party and it was probably the worst restaurant experience of my life. That of course doesn't mean no one serves it, but it's certainly not a Seattle thing. Someone mentioned the Coterie Room but they don't have what you'd consider traditional fondue. Is there a particular reason you're looking for it here?

Walla Walla
Level Contributor
439 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best fondue in Seattle?

No particular reason! We are flying into SEA from Walla Walla and have a 7 hour layover before we fly south for vacation. We have rented to car to run a few errands and always like to have a good meal before our overnight flight. Neither one of us has had fondue so we thougth it would be fun to try. Maybe we should just have a fondue party at home!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best fondue in Seattle?

>>fondue party at home....

That's what I'm thinkin.... I'll be you can whip up a great fondue party at home, and in the meantime still have a great dinner out in Seattle.

>> good meal before the flight...

LOTS of options! Any preferences beyond fondue?

-Karl

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best fondue in Seattle?

Raclette is a name for a melted cheese setup somewhat resembling fondue, and there are several places offering that. Most of them are up in Capitol Hill.

I do know people who eat at the Melting Pot all the time. I have eaten at the one that used to be near our house, but not downtown.

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,695 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best fondue in Seattle?

As others are getting at fondue just isn't a Seattle "thing". We have excellent Italian, Mexican, NW cuisine, Asian (Japanese, Chinese, Vietmanese, Thai), and seafood galore... I'd go with something like that instead.

suze

8. Re: Best fondue in Seattle?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2014, 23:15